Custom fuel tank made from a camp fuel bottle

GoldenMotor.com

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
One last question, does the hole you drilled come out the top of the cap? You mentioned a 2 piece cap??
No, it only goes thru the inner cap. it doesn't need to go thru the outter cap because that cap is already open to the atmosphere.

muddybike

Jul 31, 2010
Calgary
Well it only took 2 yrs but I finally built mine.
I love it everything seems very secure .
For the vented gas cap i did something slightly different and it seems to be working ok. Its tough to explain maybe when I build the second tank I will take some pictures.
What did you use to make the "t" with the 2 fuel lines?

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Mower shops sell weedeater vent-caps that fit in the little fuel lines (1/8" I think, like for weedeaters).

I had a faulty gas tank on a brush mower, so I made my own gas tank from a stainless steel bike bottle, a 1/4" double barb coupler, the red handle-bar clip bike bottle holder, a little piece of weeder fuel line through the plastic bottle cap, and a vent cap pushed into the line. They might even give you one off a busted weedeater if they let you look in their trash.

Mine doesn't have the fuel shutoff because the original tank didn't have one. It works fine with the mower, and makes refueling easier because the gas can isn't near the engine when pouring.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
If your motor uses weedeater line, you can make a fuel tank out of many things with a kit like this. I made one for a gas leaf blower that had a tiny tank and busted fuel cap. Now I have a 1qt tank I can see the gas in.

Echo brand grommet and fuel line system kit

fastfingas

Dec 25, 2011
New Orleans
,,,,Thats a great job you did on those tanks! I really like the idea of having your gas tank in the back and out of the way! with the tank in the back makes the bike look so much better............