broken throttle grip

GoldenMotor.com

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
i had the same problem i used and continue to use a brake lever as my throttle and it was cheap i do have a sbp throttle(well my dad does) and it looks good i havent instaled it yet cause he dont ride during winter and its his throttle

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny
i also use a brake handle for a throttle.. all you have to do is take out the metal thing that the cable normal sits in on the handle.. then use a drill or a nice strong knife to make it alittle bigger to fit the gas throttle metal thing into it.. jb weld just a few spots to hold it together.. i find that mine slips out sometimes.. gotta tack it in place with a epoxy.. then just adjust your throttle so it can idle at the L bend near your brake handle. i like mine so it has the slightest bit of play in the cable because of turning factors.. and i also keep mine alittle lose because i like when i let off the gas and pull in the clutch that the bike dies... just in case i see the man.. it is great to have that and the kill switch.. or incase the kill switch goes bad while riding i dont have to mess with it.. reducing my chance of a accident... well it would help if i installed a back brake and cleaned my rims on the front so they would actually work.. i hate the paint that comes on the rims of my bike but i have to many things going on to sit and lighty sand them.. this week i shall do it...brnot