no power

GoldenMotor.com

oddfellow74

Oct 7, 2010
west virginia
when i start my bike it has no power it will idle fine but when i take out it bogs badly. i changed the spark plug i changed the needle valve to all settings i cleaned the carb and i am mixing 8 ounces of oil to a gallon checked all bolts head magneto exhaust intake and even tried running without breather on it. i took the exhaust off it seems to be fine when i blow through it please help

oddfellow74

Oct 7, 2010
west virginia
is 8 ounces not enough oil in gas? i blew through the carberator where you put the gas hose and it seemed kinda hard to blow through with it completely disassembled i did notice when i ride it i can place my hand over the carb and choke it and it will stall if i completely remove my hand like its starving for gas. i have two carbs and they both do it

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I had to re read what you said there is a fluke sometimes with these carbs where the jet had come shipped unscrewed at the bottom of the carb bowl. You said you had two carbs you tried? Need more info what motor is this?

Here is more info on the china carb http://motorbicycling.com/f4/motorized-bicycle-carburetor-pictures-how-install-195.html

You need to make sure your gaskets are correct and you don't have any vacuum leaks. Check over your intake manifold make sure the carb is attached securely too.

oddfellow74

Oct 7, 2010
west virginia
maybe i am mixing the oil to thick say i am only supposed to mix 5 ounces?and yes i tried two different carbs and i have the same problem with both. like i said i can choke it with my hand everytime it bogs down and it runs good for a few seconds.i am currently mixing 8 ounces to a gallon.I checked all the jets they were fine.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I am concerned also w/the hard to get air through the fuel inlet on the carb.when dissasembled,,,we are talking the gas tube from the tank?,,was the float valve removed at the time?,,,

oddfellow74

Oct 7, 2010
west virginia
yes the piece where the gas hose hooks into the carb seemed kinda hard to blow through i turned the gas on and it ran out of the petcock pretty good.I have worked on several motorcycle carbs and you can usually blow through them pretty easily this one or both of them are a little more difficult to blow through iremoved that little cut off pin that the floats ride on to cut off the gas and still kinda difficult not impossible though.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Ok I just went out and took a new carb, and my brass float seat unscrews from the outside,the hole through it looks to be a little bigger than a mechanical pincel lead ,or on a tape measure,just a little bigger than one of the measurement lines on the metric sideand a lot of air goes through it ,and its pretty easy to see the hole through from the inlet side,i don't know what to say except take it out and look through the hole for obstructions

oddfellow74

Oct 7, 2010
west virginia
ok i will check that out today and thanks everyone for all the help.This is my first motorized bicycle and its loads of fun.I am in wv and i was kind of worried how it would do in the mountains.when it is running right it will climb almost all of the hills.If you want to see go to youtube and type thermostat66 in the searchbar.

oddfellow74

Oct 7, 2010
west virginia
still runs horrible i have narrowed it down to the carb i dont know what else to do top speed about ten miles an hour.cant hold the throttle open it bogs down

Matthew Frye

Aug 3, 2018
Having problems with my 80cc motor it has no power involves all the time it will not even go up any kind of inclined anymore and if I hold the clutch in it goes full throttle wide open until I have to hold the kill switch

Matthew Frye

Aug 3, 2018
What will make your motor be constantly with no power but now I fix the leak and I can hold the clutch in and it idles just fine but has absolutely no power at all I can even hold the throttle all the way and it don't even rev up high has a clogged sound to it but I checked the muffler and it's perfect

Matthew Frye

Aug 3, 2018

Matthew FryeNew Member
What will make your motor be constantly with no power but now I fix the leak and I can hold the clutch in and it idles just fine but has absolutely no power at all I can even hold the throttle all the way and it don't even rev up high has a clogged sound to it but I checked the muffler and it's perfect

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
motor full of fuel will do that - causes excessive smoking too, but usually will clear up if you keep it running a while

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Where was the air leak? Perhaps you have another one...start the engine and while it's at idle, hold your hand close to the head, all the way around where the head gasket is and see if you can feel any air shooting out. These cheap stock China heads are notorious for becoming warped causing leaks at the head gasket destroying all the compression and killing all the power.

Bill Augustin

Jul 9, 2018
I'm having the same problem,no power!? I changed my exhaust manifold from one of those short straight ones to a short curved one to make my carburetor level and now my engine barely runs and will not rev at all!? My engine is a 69.4 cc Zeda 80 with a PK 80 used jug and has a new piston,it's not very powerful anymore since I changed the clutch pads, my other bike is also a Zeda 80 with the Zeda jug and a new piston and it's really fast.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
OK, you need to first find out if anything broke while you were working on it - you do this by putting it back to the way it was when it ran good and see if it still does. If it runs good again, then one of the things you changed isn't working, if it still runs bad, then you broke something while working on it.

the 2 rules are:
don't get in a hurry
don't get lazy

javy mcdees

Jul 30, 2018
make sure the slide cap is on tight with a tool not your hands, just a bit tighter than your hands can do. I have only run 100:1 AMSOIL in mine since I started this motorized fun. have not scored up anything yet and have good extra jugs/pistons to use. Just saying! oil in 2 smokes means 95% the other 5 % is user sense. . the banana pipe worked for me 30mph cruising speed with good low rpm power using the NT carb with a 63 jet at sea level warm climate. the needle should be in the center of the adjusting range as well make sure you get gas dripping out of the hose at the carb. it has to flow good not piss out like gramps with prostate issues.

Attachments