Life this year

GoldenMotor.com

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Well I'm feeling the need to just vent a little bit about how things have been going so far this year for me.

Life has not been kind to me this year. I finally got my motor bike running again early this spring, for a week or two at least. On the way to my house my motor decides to throw a piston ring and ruined the cylinder. My buddy had another motor he wasn't using and he let me have it, since it really didn't run that well he was not going to use it. After a couple of months using that tired motor we decided we could use the bottom end of my motor with the ruined cylinder wall and the good cylinder from his crappy motor and make one good motor, maybe. Well not only did it not work, several piston rings were broken just trying to get it put back together. Yes the rings were right side up and centered on the pins. At this point I no running motor bike.

That wasn't that big of a deal since I have a TREK 6700 that I would ride great distances just for the fun of it. The chain on it decided to break. No big deal I think. I took out a link and put the chain back on. Figured I could at least have something to ride right? Nope, chain broke again and I have no clue why it's breaking. Get a new chain you say? Yeah that's one of the other things about this year that's messed up.

Have not had good solid work at all this year. No painting, no tile work, no drywall work, no carpentry, no computer work. While I did get to cut a few yards this summer that did not last long as we have had a VERY dry summer here and grass just refuses to grow without water so I've not cut any yards since late spring early summer.

Now for the kicker. Just last Friday I was on FaceBook and talked with my father for a few minutes. He and my mother are in Marion OH and I'm in Memphis. He tells me that my Grandmother was not doing very well and the hospice people were saying she probably would not last much longer. The very next morning, last Saturday, I'm at church and noticed I had missed a call from my mom. My stomach instantly flip flopped a few times as I called her back. My grandmother had just died about a half hour earlier.

My mom was the youngest of 4 children and I was her only child. My grandmother, from the time I was born, lavished me with love and affection, I was after all her 'baby' grandchild and she never let me forget it. I will always love her and pray that I will see her again one day.

I don't really know why I felt the need to write all this out but it did help. I had been in a state of almost shock until now. I had not cried since I found out last Saturday and it has taken me twenty minutes to write the last two paragraphs because I couldn't see through the tears. Guess that's why I needed to put all this down in words.

Life goes on, with or without us, so I reckon I'll just keep goin' on till whenever.

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
So sorry to hear of you Grandmothers passing. Grandparents are a blessing and for those of us that were blessed with having them in our lives thier leaving is always hard.
Mine passed in the early 60's and as I type this I find my eyes filling up as I remember them.
Time is a blessing as it lessens the pain but doesn't remove the memories.

Visited friends in Clarksville this summer and saw how dry the country was. All I could think of was forest fires. The young lady is a wildlife photographer and we spent a lot of time in the woods. They told me about the local economy and I saw a lot for my self.
Hope you can hold in until things get better. I've been there myself a few times.

Steve.

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Thanks guys. I know time heals all wounds. Though the wounds are still felt, they're not as painful as they first were.

I also know all those other things will get better in time, I just wish that time would come yesterday. I have a small income each month that covers rent (utilities included), phone and internet. I manage to get the things I need each month for myself and what my furry little feline terrorist needs as well. After that I'm broke again till the next month.

I'm just feeling so frustrated now, I intended to write a quick thanks for your thoughts and before I knew it, I'd started ranting again. I'm sorry, life is just kinda sucky at the moment and it does help to vent a little here and there.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Hang in there things may turn around for you any minute. That's the thing about life, it can be garbage one day and butterflies the next. Keep the faith and keep on putting one foot in front of the other, it's all any of us can do. The loss of people you love hurts I know, but usually they are going to a better place.

My dad was a bird hunter all his life. Since his passing, at over eighty, I imagine him sitting by the fireplace of a cabin in the woods, with a couple of dogs by his side. Mom followed him a year later. I always see her by the fire as well. I also see them both pain free and young again. It's how I hope my family sees me, when my race is run.

But you have a long time to go. I will keep a good thought for you.

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Here you man, this year has been crazyy...parents got divorced...moved across the country...started jr. high...

just remember, there is always tomorrow,the day after that, ect ect

Sam

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Hey Sam, sorry to hear about your parents separating. Raw deal for everyone.
Now they toss you into the junior high frying pan. You got a good atitude man. Don't lose it.

Steve.

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Hey Sam, sorry to hear about your parents separating. Raw deal for everyone.
Now they toss you into the junior high frying pan. You got a good atitude man. Don't lose it.

Steve.
Its terrible, but hey life happens, you know?

I try to maintain a good atitude as much as possible.

Sam

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
Nunya, I know it is hard to deal with. I feel for you. The only words I can think of that may give you some direction are: Think of all the love your grandmother gave you and how that made you feel. Now try to go share some of that love with the other people you have in your life. All of you need to show your feelings for one another and you will find that the more you show love, the better you feel. Eventually, you will smile when thinking of your grandmother and telling stories of her. I'm sure she would rather see you smiling.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The blessing of memories is unsurpassed for healing the emotional wounds of the loss of a loved one. My folks have moved on and today my brother, sister and I can sit, talk about them, without tears, but laugh our selves silly with those cherished memories of our parents. Hang tough, Nunya. All things pass and your hard times will too. Tomorrow's forcast: Sunshine :) We're all pullin' for ya, buddy.
Tom