Black-n-Blue...

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Here is a conversion that is nearly completed of my old dirt cruiser.....it went from 2-stroke to 4-stroke. Still not finished....waiting on some parts.

URL=http://img580.imageshack.us/i/img0868qm.jpg/]
[/URL]

And it's got a nice mini tachometer/hour meter

Can't wait to finish it.....wooo-hooo!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Pretty cool. Hows that tach working out? Where do you get one?
SB
The tach works great silverbear and the hour meter is handy for oil changes. I got it from DDM in Nevada Search Results

I like the look of it! You should find one of those square under rack gas tanks!!
Yes I need another rack/tank for this build, do you know where I can get one? For less than $40 as well?

And hot off the press, seems like a new custom straight pipe is in the works......here's a peek

More pics to come....

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Up dated pics on new exhaust....it's sounding really good!

URL=http://img842.imageshack.us/i/img0888y.jpg/]
[/URL]

On to step 3.....final fit and weld....stay tuned! (I'm talking to the pipe).laff

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Hey Scotto,
Are you going down in sprocket size? I see the smaller one hanging on the wheel back there. I started my titan engine out with a 36T and was pleasantly surprised that it still pulled from a dead stop without any pedal assistance, but I fear it winds out too much/quickly for the HS. I'm settling on a 45T for a little more uphill power and faster take off. I felt the 50T would be too slow for cruising country roads, so didn't even bother putting on. How's you speed/take off?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Scotto,
Are you going down in sprocket size? I see the smaller one hanging on the wheel back there. I started my titan engine out with a 36T and was pleasantly surprised that it still pulled from a dead stop without any pedal assistance, but I fear it winds out too much/quickly for the HS. I'm settling on a 45T for a little more uphill power and faster take off. I felt the 50T would be too slow for cruising country roads, so didn't even bother putting on. How's you speed/take off?
No, I actually went up from a 44t to a 56t. The sprocket you see hanging is a 44t over the temporary rag joint mounted 56t. I had to enlarge the hole on the 56t to get it to fit the freewheel flange (5 hole) on the HD axle set-up. With this tranny (EZM) the thing goes from stand still just fine, then pulls good up to 4,600-5,200 and then your flyin along at 35mph easily. With the 44t it did nothing, by comparison....too my amazement. I haven't even gone on a cruise to open it up yet on a long straight-away. So far I'm stoked with this set-up!brnot

Last edited:

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
No, I actually went up from a 44t to a 56t. The sprocket you see hanging is a 44t over the temporary rag joint mounted 56t. I had to enlarge the hole on the 56t to get it to fit the freewheel flange (5 hole) on the HD axle set-up. With this tranny (EZM) the thing goes from stand still just fine, then pulls good up to 4,600-5,200 and then your flyin along at 35mph easily. With the 44t it did nothing, by comparison....too my amazement. I haven't even gone on a cruise to open it up yet on a long straight-away. So far I'm stoked with this set-up!brnot
Scotto,
I also have the same tranny and started out with the 56T and then went with a 64T for better hill climbing. Yes, start out from a dead stop and pulls up to where you're flying along faster than you should, maybe. I don't have a speedometer yet on this bike, but I know it's moving along. The thing is it's kind of deceptive. I'm used to the 2 strokes which start off completely differently then let you know you're pushing things when you can feel the vibration through the bike. I find the four stroke very different with very little vibration. Plus, on this Motorbike I have front suspension... so all the old things that told me I was going fast are now different and I have to pay closer attention or find I'm going too fast. I haven't ridden a 2 stroke for a while now and imagine it's going to feel weird when I do. This has been a real step up for me. Got to get a speedometer not to see how fast I can go, but to see that I don't go too fast. It's still just a bicycle.
SB

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I am very happy (but not surprised) that you guys are so pleased with your EZMs (^)
maybe now people that thought I was just trying to sell, will start believin' ;)

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
And yet some more B&B update pics.....once I get a rear rack/tank and a v-brake mounted on the rear (in addition to the band brake), this build will be about complete. This thing flies and I'm really havin' a blast on it....almost puts the 4G to shame....oh well.

Check out the vid.....YouTube - MVI 0914

Cheers.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well I finally got to take this bike out on the open road today and man what a blast! I've racked up 2.7hrs. so far....cruising at 7,650RPM and doing 43.8mph. This bike will leave my 4G 4-stroke (HS 49cc) in the dust.....hands down! I'm really starting to like ol' Black-n-Blue more than ever. Love these things...dance1

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Scotto, really like your bike. I can feel the love. It's easy to see that you're the same kind of high degree crazy bastard that I am. I can only hope that someday my bike will be as droolalishous as yours is.

I like your front brake, and rear drive set up. That kind of brake works a lot better than a side pull.

I don't know much about your rear drive. Could you describe it a little? I haven't decided how to install mine yet. I bought a clamshell adapter from Live Fast Motors, but I'm not too wild about it, so I ordered a hub adapter from Pirate Cycle.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Scotto, really like your bike. I can feel the love. It's easy to see that you're the same kind of high degree crazy bastard that I am. I can only hope that someday my bike will be as droolalishous as yours is.

I like your front brake, and rear drive set up. That kind of brake works a lot better than a side pull.

I don't know much about your rear drive. Could you describe it a little? I haven't decided how to install mine yet. I bought a clamshell adapter from Live Fast Motors, but I'm not too wild about it, so I ordered a hub adapter from Pirate Cycle.
Thanks man, your bike is coming right along and looking great so far...keep up the good work and take your time, it looks as though you have.

My back wheel is an HD wheel built by Spooky Tooth with a freewheeling sprocket mount (flange with a 5 bolt pattern), 12 gauge stainless steel spokes, a band brake, 18t freewheeling RH side (pedal side) cog, it came with a 20t, I changed it, and a double wall alloy rim laced to the HD steel axle hub with precision bearings. I also had to adapt a 56t sprocket as it came with a 44t....too tall of gear for this set-up. And that's about it.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Excellent bike Scotto,I guess that's the HD wheel you got off me.(^)
Yes it is Hector, again I thank you very much! The only thing that needed to change (which I had expected) were the sprockets....just what I was going to order from Spooky in the first place....cheers bro, this thing rips!

And also, thanks for the links on the belts.....good stuff.

On a side note (since I can threadjack my own thread ;)), I got to take a nice ride on my buddy's XR400R which he is selling.....oh yeah, good thing I'm not buyin it as I'd have too much fun gettin my self killed on the streets around here with all the idiots on the road these days. It was like a blast from the past when Pat and I used fly around this town on our Honda's back in the 80's.

He jumped on the Black-n-Blue when we got back to his place and was very impressed with the speed and power of this bike.....I think our 4G's may be collecting a little dust in the months to come...the EZM is so far... rockin'!

Last edited:

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
A little mod to the gas tank and a few other goodies

Not finished yet, still need a few things, like a rear v-brake, Cloud 9 saddle, dual-kickstand, pedals, tires, etc. But it's running fine as is....a blast to ride!

Last edited: