To: skyl4rk

GoldenMotor.com

Randiman

Jul 25, 2010
Florida
Hi Skyl4rk.

Thanks for your communication the other day.I removed the carb. and I saw the hole you were talking about. There is no screw in it! That must be the problem. I shook the carb. and I heard some'thing rattling in the bowl. Can you tell me what to order and where?

Thanks a million.

Cordially,
Randiman

Randiman

Jul 25, 2010
Florida
Hi again. I misunderstood your response. Anyway, I pulled out the black jet and there are no o-rings. Would that possibly cause an air leak?

Thanks again
Randiman

skyl4rk

Aug 14, 2008
M I C H I G A N
There should be a plastic jet with a number of ribs on it and places for 2 o-rings to seat near the top and bottom. The o-rings are really more like small rubber bands. They may be seated in the slots so that you can't see much difference between the plastic jet and the o-rings. They are both black.

Randiman

Jul 25, 2010
Florida
Hi skyl4rk,

I removed the jet again and you were right. There is a small rubber O-ring at thr bottom and above the ribs is a small smooth space, above that there is something that looks like an O-ring but is plastic and does not move. If it is part of the jet there is no O-ring.

Can you tell me if there is a better place to buy O-rings other than Hua Sheng.

Thank you,
Randiman

skyl4rk

Aug 14, 2008
M I C H I G A N
Try Spooky or Dax.

I recommend that you get a new jet. The o-rings are very fragile and you need to be very careful while replacing them. You might be better off with a whole new jet than replacing o-rings.

Randiman

Jul 25, 2010
Florida
Hi skyl4rk,
I tried Spooky but they don't have them so I ordered them from Dax. I would have ordered the jet but I did not see it in their product list.

Thanks again,
Randiman

skyl4rk

Aug 14, 2008
M I C H I G A N
I hope that it works for you. There are other things that could be wrong, but the idle jet is the first thing I would check. My idle jet came from the factory with one of the o-rings smashed into the side of the idle port, so it no longer sealed well. It took me a year or two to figure it out. It ran but not very well. After I massaged it back into place the bike ran much better.

Randiman

Jul 25, 2010
Florida
Hua Sheng 4 stroke engine.

Hi skyl4rk,

You may recall I am having a great deal of trouble getting this engine to idle. You told me it is probably the slow idol jet. I orded a few o-rings from Dak and I spoke with guy there.He told me the jet only requires the 0-ring on the bottom, I tried that and it did nothing. If I remember correctlly you said it also needs one on the top of the jet. If so, how in the world do I get that little o-ring accross the ribs to the top of the jet?

Thanks again,
Randiman