Right Setup? - Fuel Line to Carb Fuel Valve pictures incl.

GoldenMotor.com

jnanasakti

May 21, 2008
Hi ya all,

So my fuel line doesn't fill up all the way. I finally got everything installed and ready, but the engine doesn't start.

It putters when am pedaling and slowly release the clutch, but no start.

The fuel line doesn't fill up all the way. I am thinking there some type of air trap, where the tank/line needs air in to allow for fuel down and out into the carb or something.

But if you look at the pictures below, does this setup even make sense? I mean, all I got in my kit was a fuel line that is supposed to be connected directly to a valve on the carb.; no clamp no nothing??

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Attachments

Last edited:

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
Put a wire tie wrap around the carb inlet hose - it looks like fuel is spewing. I recommend losing the in tank filter and using a plastic inline filter.
hey pablo can i ask exactly what you mean by this? Like unscrew the petcock, and pull the p;astic piece with screen off the petcock. Also I bought a fuel filter from SBP,love that place, plan to buy alot more, but anyways, not sure if you have seen them, but they are cone shaped. I was just wondering what side is up and what is down. Right now i have to point facing down

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Pablo...Why do you recomend taking out out the filter in the petcock when having one hook up with the fuel line
Because the one in the tank will clog really easily and even unclogged can mess with fuel flow. It's a piece of junk, just like the stock valve is. The both cause problems - and the silly fuel valve can even break at the worst times....

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
hey pablo can i ask exactly what you mean by this? Like unscrew the petcock, and pull the p;astic piece with screen off the petcock. Also I bought a fuel filter from SBP,love that place, plan to buy alot more, but anyways, not sure if you have seen them, but they are cone shaped. I was just wondering what side is up and what is down. Right now i have to point facing down
Yes lose the that plastic piece.

In this picture, fuel flows left to right - this would make the point facing up. So any crud is trapped on the visible side.

From SBP's site:

SBP said:
Fuel Filter
Place the fuel filter between your fuel valve on your tank and your carburetor. The pointy
end should face the tank. Be sure to take your fuel valve out and remove the stock screen.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Am I the only one that noticed his valve on the tank was turned off in the picture?

I imagine by now he has figured it out though this post started over a year ago LOL

Last edited:

rkorson4209

Oct 10, 2009
michigan
Yes lose the that plastic piece.

In this picture, fuel flows left to right - this would make the point facing up. So any crud is trapped on the visible side.

From SBP's site:
oh ok thank you pablo so much. I obviously had it facing down, and alo am apperantly running 2 filters,lol thanks for clearing things up