anyone know

GoldenMotor.com

smileymale

Jul 18, 2010
oshawa
Does anyone know the size of the clutch adjustment screw size is and how long it is i lost mine tryin to adjust is with the plate off DOHHHhhhh!!!!!

smileymale

Jul 18, 2010
oshawa
well found a screw i think its working but my clutch arm now wont go back enough for the motor to kick over only way it will if i force it back opposite way the clutch cable pulls

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
OHHH! that screw. All it does is hold the center, kinda-scalloped bolt (sorry, I can't think what the one in the middle of that clutch plate is called right now) at the location that you tightened, or loosened, it. It doesn't go deep at all. That whole screw, head to tip, is maybe a 1/4 inch if that. The round head of this little screw seats in one of the half-circle cutouts in the center bolt to hold it where it has been tightened. You may not want to put anything too long in place of it, and you'll want to make sure the head of the replacement screw is the same size as the half-circle cutouts of the center bolt.

Last edited:

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
smileymale; but my clutch arm now wont go back enough for the motor to kick over only way it will if i force it back opposite way the clutch cable pulls

This is the portion of your post that I was referring to.
As for the little screw, I do not know what size it is. When I got my current engine (secondhand) it was missing the screw. I have a collection of screws and I just dug through it until I found one that fit well

If I had to speculate, I would say it is a M4x0.7 about 2mm long.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
The weird nut in the center of the clutch has been labeled a "flower nut".
The parts blow up on bicycle-engines.com calls it a clutch plate retaining nut.