Where to buy new standard chinese gas cap?

GoldenMotor.com

redstratus

Jun 30, 2010
IL
Somebody walked off with mine and dropped a thong in my gas tank. :-(

I tried gasbike dot net (where I bought my kit... the jet I believe) and kingsmotorbikes dot com and both are out of stock. Any other ideas of where I could get one that fits? Preferably at a reasonable price...

Already checked out the post on the locking one... they're out of stock as well. I don't really want to experiment at this point either (just get it working). :-||

Spent the day replacing all the chinese bolts that I snapped as well

Thanks in advance!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Somebody walked off with mine and dropped a thong in my gas tank. :-(

I tried gasbike dot net (where I bought my kit... the jet I believe) and kingsmotorbikes dot com and both are out of stock. Any other ideas of where I could get one that fits? Preferably at a reasonable price...

Already checked out the post on the locking one... they're out of stock as well. I don't really want to experiment at this point either (just get it working). :-||

Spent the day replacing all the chinese bolts that I snapped as well

Thanks in advance!
Go to this link, and order you a new cap, Thats Dax shows to have them, they are very quick shippers, I have ordered several things from them.
Page Title

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
...a thong in yer fuel tank? o_O

Why does this never happen to me? laff Sounds like a great night - for someone anyway ;)

redstratus

Jun 30, 2010
IL
lol. It might have been a great night. I was at school and the thing was parked outside my dorm. I had snapped just about all the mounting bolts and the engine was held on with hose clamps. I stopped riding it for a while. Came out to check on it and found my cap missing with the thong inside. So it could have happened over the course of a week.

Thanks guys. Just ordered from dax and was pleasantly surprised that I wasn't completely gouged on shipping charges. (13.99 total versus 20 something on kings and gasbike)

Do you think I can get away with duct tape over the hole in the mean time? cvlt1

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Rode with a guy who used a rag after he lost his. I don't see why it would not work but am sure not suggesting it, lol.

Sorry to hear about the dreaded thong-tank. Really does suck

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
sorry i just found this thread. if you coulda got me the chick with the thong's number, i woulda sent you 4 of them. i hate those siphoning POS's. the more bikes i build, the more end up in a box. their greatest use so far is as a cap for when i'm using Kreem to seal a tank. that's the only time they don't leak.

spideyman

Aug 29, 2010
ontario
my buddy just lost his yesterday right down the sewer of all places but he went with a piece of tarp and a zip tie till his came in and it worked great not pretty but functional !