30 Miles and WT#!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
I have tried everything, new wire, boot, no kill switch, leaner mix on gas, new fuel line, filter, super cleaned carb, soldered the wires in between Mag/CDI.

I have spark when I take out the plug, hook it up, place it on the top of the head, spin the rear tire and I see spark on the plug, etc.etc.etc.etc.

I am just about out of patience with this project, uh yah $170.00 and only 30 miles, crap...

Q

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
Have not tried that yet, but why would it not draw fuel? I have checked every thing on the carb at least 4 times, no blockage, no dirt anywhere, I did notice that when I was trying to get it started, there was not any gas in the fuel line coming from the tank, like there was something blocking it, but what?

Q

Sign Guy

Jan 19, 2010
Everett, WA
Pull the line on the carb and see if gas flows out then. If no then you got something in your line and/or something blocking inside the tank. Strange. Sorry you are having such a problem.

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
Pull the line on the carb and see if gas flows out then. If no then you got something in your line and/or something blocking inside the tank. Strange. Sorry you are having such a problem.
When I take the fuel line off, the gas flows very freely, I have clear blue line so I can see it very well.

Q

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Get a cutting torch tip cleaner and make sure none of the holes are blocked.Something is not letting fuel in.

Fossil

Mar 15, 2008
Guthriesville Pa
I have had spark plugs that would show a spark when not installed but would not fire under compression. Others have said to put a small amount of fuel in the spark plug hole, install the plug and try to start. If it still does nothing then it has to be a spark issue. If it starts then stalls, you have a carb/fuel problem. You need to figure out which problem you have first so you don't put money into stuff you don't need.

Jim

Last edited:

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
I have had spark plugs that would show a spark when not installed but would not fire under compression. Others have said to put a small amount of fuel in the spark plug hole, install the plug and try to start. If it still does nothing then it has to be a spark issue. If it starts then stalls, you have a carb/fuel problem. You need to figure out which problem you have first so you don't put money into stuff you don't need.

Jim
Thank you Jim:

I will try the fuel in the spark plug whole tomorrow. by the way I like your signature, I know people like that.

Q

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
just an idea try spraying allittle carb cleaner into your carb...if it fires and dies then you have a fuel problem....next id put an inline spark tester in line with you plug...see if you got spark when under compression which i assume you do since you tested for spark with the plug in...now does this motor got compression???are your head bolts loose or something...there are only 3 things that make a gas motor run air, fuel, and spark...you need to narrow this down so your not listening to random advise though good advise it might be irrelavant

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Let's back up to this post.

You aren't sure you're getting gas "to the piston"....when you took the plug out to test for spark, was it wet with fuel? Should have been. If it's not, then go through the fuel system from beginning to end, and find the blockage.
It doesn't matter how many times you cleaned everything, unless you confirm fuel flow, you won't know if it has fuel flow. You have confirmed it to the carb, but not beyond...

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
It doesn't matter how many times you cleaned everything, unless you confirm fuel flow, you won't know if it has fuel flow. You have confirmed it to the carb, but not beyond...
Bikeguy Joe:

I know for a fact that I am having fuel get to the carb and the float bowl.

When I pull out the spark plug it does have a little gas on it so I am thinking that it is getting fuel to the combustion chamber. I am going to put a little gas in the hole and see what happens ( I'm crossing my fingers)

Thanks

Q

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
Hi I'm back...

Just did the dribble the gas in the plug hole and still got nothing, so I guess that it is a CDI problem, somewhere on this fourm I saw where to check the ohms for the mag and I did that and got the readings that were listed, so I take it that the mag is still good right? WHAT'S NEXT?

Thanks

Q

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Threads like this are very frustrating because I know that this is probably something that I could figure out in just a few minutes if the bike was in front of me! :(

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
Threads like this are very frustrating because I know that this is probably something that I could figure out in just a few minutes if the bike was in front of me! :(
I know that it is frustrating, believe me. I think that I am going to go ahead and place an order for a new CDI and hopfully that will be the answer to my problems. unless someone else has any other ideas?

Will keep you informed.

Q

Fossil

Mar 15, 2008
Guthriesville Pa
Please try a different plug if you have not done so already! Some of these Chinese spark plugs are just junk period. It may very well be the CDI but you should get rid of the original plug anyway and who knows, that may just solve the problem...

Jim

Last edited:

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
Please try a different plug if you have not done so already! Some of these Chinese spark plugs are just junk period. It may very well be the CDI but you should get rid of the original plug anyway and who knows, that may just solve the problem...

Jim
all ready tried two different NGK's 5 and 6, all ready ordered a new CDI I hope that will solve the problem. (did not even use the original plugs)

Thanks

Q

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Here's the next thing to check... make sure the clutch isn't slipping while you pedal! make sure theres a little slack in the cable & maybe tighten the star nut 1 or 2 clicks.

gubba

Dec 29, 2008
jacksonville, florida
rw.....

i've installed about 25 of these china girls.....try floding the carb until it drips, set the chke about 1/2 inch down from full choke..... i've had this work under similar problem.
also
the screw in the side of the carb is NOT a mixture adjustment.... it is only an idle adjustment
to change the rich/lean mixture you have to take the brass slide pin out of the carb and move the 'e' clip up or down a knotch.

All my installs run 25 to 1 AFTER breakin, synth 2-stroke.

stay dry
gubba

rwquiring

Feb 18, 2010
Bend, Oregon
rw.....

i've installed about 25 of these china girls.....try floding the carb until it drips, set the chke about 1/2 inch down from full choke..... i've had this work under similar problem.
also
the screw in the side of the carb is NOT a mixture adjustment.... it is only an idle adjustment
to change the rich/lean mixture you have to take the brass slide pin out of the carb and move the 'e' clip up or down a knotch.

All my installs run 25 to 1 AFTER breakin, synth 2-stroke.

stay dry
gubba
I have tried the flooding the carb and chock it down, no results, Yeah I know that the screw is only a Idle screw, I miss spoke in a earlier post.

Q