Motorized Bicycle Tech Session with Water Burn-Outs

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hey guys,
We had a nice tech session on Saturday at my shop. Just a couple of the local crew and a few bikes. We have all been experimenting on ways to get better performance and what better way then to just hang out, work on the bikes, and then do some actual testing. Here we are getting started. Notice the Scooby Mobile in the backround.

Here's Itchybird (Rich) after working on his ride. We decked the head on a lathe, modified an expansion chamber to fit his bike, then he mounted up a CNS carb. Here he is with his updated Bike. I think he looks pleased with the results.

Here's a shot of Carlos' bike. This ride has custom work all over it. The longer you look the more cool stuff you find. We fired it up for the first time and it looks like it's going to be a real winner.

Here's a shot of all the bikes. My bike up front is sporting it's new expansion chamber and aluminum annodized Worksman wheels.

The last ride is a bike I am building up for my wife. This one also got a host of upgrades but we didn't get it finished up. Maybe next time.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Re: MB Tech Session with Water Burn-Outs

Now for some real world testing. It had been raining and my gutter was dripping water onto the driveway right next to where we were working. Someone got the crazy idea to see if we could do burn-outs. There is definately some technique involved and Rich had it down. I still need to practice. Here is some video. Hope this link works.

Here is my attempt.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia

Oh man sweet bikes bro!
how do you all like that expansion chamber? i have the same carb and i fitted the pipe last thursday, didnt really note a difference at first apart from the noise but it does pick up and rev alot harder just the noise kills me.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota

Nice thread. It must be great having other guys to ride with and kind of feed off each other's enthusiasm. One reason I want to sell some bikes locally is to have people to ride and hang out with. Very cool bikes.
SB

pdubs

Jan 16, 2010
chicago

awesome rides! :D

what brand of bikes are those? are those custom tanks?

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california

Yes, the expansion chambers are louder. There is no baffling in them at all. Yes they are louder but a two stroke needs an expansion pipe to run right. These engines come pretty choked from the factory and are in serious need of better breathing. We have opened them up all the same way.
Here is the standard list of mods:
1. Port match the intake and exhaust.
2. Performance carb. I use the CNS.
3. Deck the head properly. I decked mine .040.
4. Expansion chamber.
5. 40 tooth rear sprocket with the hub mounted sprocket adapter.
After these simple upgrades the performance increase is substantial. A much more enjoyable riding experience. Oh, all the bikes are Schwinns with custom built tanks. One of the tanks came off a moped but even that one required modification to fit. I build the in-frame tanks.

Last edited: