Any Publicity Is Good Publicity

GoldenMotor.com

RecycleBill

Oct 31, 2009
Greensboro, North Carolina
I had hoped Cathy would write about more brands than just the brand I'm pitching but I think most of the dealers lurking and posting here at the forum understand that the publicity I get for my own brand will trickle down to all brands. Anyway, be nice to her and feel free to leave your link in her comments and maybe she'll e-mail you for a follow-up story: Are Motorized Bikes More Eco-Friendly? | Green Eco Services

Also, if I've posted this in the wrong thread you have my apologies.

dnut

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I didn't mean it in a bad way. I think it's cool RecycleBill gets something out of it, but in my opinion, it's right on the hairy edge for sponsor or non-sponsor to post such a thing. If a non EZM guy posted it, probably OK. IMHO.

RecycleBill

Oct 31, 2009
Think of it this way: Because I left a link to her article here at the forum her blog now shows a trackback to this thread. That means that people reading her article will see the link and some of them will follow the trackback to this thread to see what else is being said. Those same persons will see the comments here and the advertisements all over the page. In that way every dealer of motorized bicycles that posts or advertises on this forum gets more exposure-- mostly from people who have never before heard of this forum. And isn't exposure what all of you dealers are seeking?

Wake up and smell the coffee?

Now go and thank her for promoting EVERY dealer and brand here. After all, I had to prod her to get here to write anything at all about MBs.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very cool Bill. I lay awake at night figuring out ways to get free press. Your right, does expose and plant the seeds of thought and does promote us all. (really sad part, I want to keep motorized bicycle riding small and just "our thing" snork)

I would have to differ with the "weigh 100 LBS" though. I recently sent a point beach and Honda kit to MaxTorque to have some parts made and weighed 63 lbs. But is a small alum frame.

(I always, always plug MaxTorque The guy is awesome and awesome to do business with)

RecycleBill

Oct 31, 2009
Very cool Bill. I lay awake at night figuring out ways to get free press. Your right, does expose and plant the seeds of thought and does promote us all. (really sad part, I want to keep motorized bicycle riding small and just "our thing" snork)

I would have to differ with the "weigh 100 LBS" though. I recently sent a point beach and Honda kit to MaxTorque to have some parts made and weighed 63 lbs. But is a small alum frame.

(I always, always plug MaxTorque The guy is awesome and awesome to do business with)
Want free press? Build one of these Flying with Billy Jones (That was my second MB build.)

I think what she meant to say was that MBs rarely weigh over 100 lbs.

I agree with you on MaxTorque. That's what EZM is now using in our newest transmissions. Ours is not an off the shelf item but it is made by MaxTorque.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That was you!? cool! Really like the line from Omar; "The driver look like ZZ Top. Gotta be rock an roll all the way" Think you and I spoke on the other forum way back.

Your work was in part responsible for my flying MB. Is to be a trike built out of a small air boat with a hang glider wing. The free press thing is a bonus!

Had always wanted to do a thread on marketing. Really, I think our best friend for this is just having them out and visible. For kits, the internet is well served