Headlight question

GoldenMotor.com

marioaz

Dec 15, 2008
Prescott, Arizona
Already installed 12v, 7ah, SLA battery. Currently using portion of Porter Cable flashight.
Question: does a utility light throw a poor light pattern for use as headlight?
Don't want to blind traffic with a flood light while they try to kill me. Walmart has a utility style 4 1/2" heavy plastic model that's only $13. A chrome 4 1/2" headlight can be found online for $40+. A small chrome Optronics driving light would work, but a larger light would look cool on my Point Beach commuter.

The number one danger I've encountered is a driver giving a glance, seeing a bicycle, and not realizing I'm moving at 15-20mph.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Walmart has a 4 1/2"? flashlight with 6v battery for $3.50,could get one of those and swap out the bulb for a 12v bulb and not use the battery and use your battery instead.
just mount the light straight,center and pointed slighty down toward the road.

marioaz

Dec 15, 2008
Prescott, Arizona
Good idea but I need a real headlight for function and looks. Work is 2.5 miles, one way, and other running around. Headlight/taillight, day and night, use approx 30-40 minutes per day max.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
That's real good looking Jag you got there Bill!!
I usually move the twist grip shifter to the left side of the bars. (it kinda balances out the look of the bars) ;)