Old School BMX

GoldenMotor.com

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
Old school bikes...sorta.

wanna talk bout old school? im rocking out a FBM Angel of Death from the first production run. the 3/8 drop outs been grinded out to 14mm

Last edited by a moderator:

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
Re: Hand grip removal- What's your method?

gorgeous, i would highly recommend putting her back together. i want to piece back together my redline sc340. she was the first race frame i ever had and she served me well.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario

2001... is old school in my book (im 22 i been riding since then) lift a bike from back then... they are tanks. no triple whips on those babies...

since this thread is so neatly sidetracked, id call the hairspray trick a derivitave from motocross days. THEY used it on the throttle.

i ride a 2000 someting older federal division pro frame with hollowbites and a freecoaster. whoot.

its almost time for end of winter, 10 foot high, snow wedge riding!

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi

It is a lot older than that. I got the tip from a bicycle bulletin board (remember bullentin boards) before the internet. At least 25 years ago. Most of the things that we think we discover have been done by someone before.
Elmo

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
yea, my AOD weights 35 pounds, my new mutiny vape weights 24 pounds, so theres alot of differnce. and the late 90s early 2000s was when bike got beefier, but alot safer.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol

2001... is old school in my book (im 22 i been riding since then) lift a bike from back then... they are tanks. no triple whips on those babies...

since this thread is so neatly sidetracked, id call the hairspray trick a derivitave from motocross days. THEY used it on the throttle.

i ride a 2000 someting older federal division pro frame with hollowbites and a freecoaster. whoot.

its almost time for end of winter, 10 foot high, snow wedge riding!

right now im rocking out a set of flow cranks and an original odesy hazard cassete. but im trading my flow cranks to my cuz for his twombolts. and i kinda miss my coaster, i miss doing fakie hops higher than i can bunny hop forward

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Back in '80 I was working at Island Cycles on Naples in Long Beach, and we were selling these little MX bikes from Japan that were individually color coordinated in annodized colors, and they were like full-campy equipped road bikes- all alloy, three piece cranks- beautiful- I think they were about $180 or something and I almost bought one for myself even though I was racing USCF road.

The same bikes on ebay now would go for untold ridiculous sums of money- even more if sold for parts.

That December I went to the BMX World indoor championships in Indianapolis, and started wondering why I was riding 200 km road races, in the saddle for five or six hours, for a lousy $200 in amateur prizes, when these teenage kids were winning a purse of several thousand dollars in races that lasted less than 30 seconds.