Bike Cards

GoldenMotor.com

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Maybe a sticker or magnetic sign with the website info right on your bike. Removable of course. A lot of people want to know about motorbicycles as soon as they see them, but for some reason won't ask, and the ones that want to hold you up with a lot of questions can get it off your bike.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
That's a great link Barely! They have waterproof removable vinyl sticker stock.

Inkjet Waterproof Removable Vinyl Media
and
Waterproof magnetic sheets

Cool!!

They even have 'glow in the dark' stock, lol, that's a new one. :)

I wondered if inkjet ink is waterproof? I wasn't sure...

hm, so i looked it up, some inkjet is waterproof. It depends on the printer head, and whether you use dye ink, or pigmented ink.

if its a dye ink it's not waterproof-
A chunk of piezoelectric crystal distorts when an electrical pulse is applied, shooting a tiny spot of ink out.
if its pigmented it is waterproof-
These use a thermal inkjet process also called Bubblejet, uses a tiny resistor to vaporize a tiny bubble of solvent in the ink, driving a spot of ink out and immediatly collapsing again.
source for those 2

Laserjet on the other hand are all waterproof because they use toner-
A laser printer requires no ink. Laser printers use toner, which is plastic and iron particles which melt to the paper with special heated rollers called a fuser unit.
source

That's cool. I'll have to keep that in mind for the next printer I buy.

Great idea msrfan!

Oh, btw all that were following this, I started a new thread with some finished cards. Linky in Siggy, cheers.

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
Hey All,

Great thread I see there are some talented computer aided designers here... If anyone needs any assistance on making some cards let me know as I am a graphic designer and I have some outlets for professional multicolor printing at crazy cheap prices (like less than 40 bucks for 2000 standard business cards).

BA I love this Image, nice work. Did you do it yourself?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Yep & thanks :D But I gotta admit that'un bugs me a lil as the bike wasn't done yet lol, the muffler clamps are gone now & the fender complete ;)