Huffy Cranbrook

GoldenMotor.com

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
beware the brakes,ihave a cranbrook with a 66cc motor which is starting to bust 30 mph the brakes are jmust not enough, somwhere here there is a post about puttingf cantelever brakes on the front, and yes upgraded fender mounts are a good idea,but i think the brakes utgilized the fender mount on the front, lost my rear fender at about 5 miles but i love the bike very comfy

tomahawk

Apr 23, 2010
Georgia
Appreciate all the hearts and flowers, but i dont understand why i need upgraded fendermounts. I'm green at this stuff so bear with me. And also my lil 48cc skyhawk just busted the 30 mph mark scares the **** outta me...lol Lots of vibration i will just back off of it.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
There are threads on here that explain how the factory ,thin fender mounts will probebly crach from the vibration and if they do and wad up in the front fork at 20-25 mph it really is a bad crash (doctors ,ambulance ,etc.)rear not as bad unless you don't have a couple lanes with no traffic around(probebly out patient)These things are the truth,please type ,fender problems,in the google search bar above

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
it is an easy fix,,,
drill/grind out the rivets,,,use an 'L' bracket from hardware store and nuts/bolts to re-attach :)

when the front goes bad, it is NOT a slow stop,,,think instant fly-swatter faceplant :(

tomahawk

Apr 23, 2010
Georgia
Bought a cranbrook today, motor is still in the mail.

Any issues with chain/tire rub with the whitewalls?
Havent had any issues with the chain hitting the whitewalls, however, i had to cut out some of the fender so the chain cleared. Didnt take away from the bike much, still looks good.

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
Hey that looks familar. I used loctite on my hole bike and added some larger flat washers and lock washers on fender mounts.

Attachments

Last edited:

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Wow,,
Nice bike,,too bad you drilled out the frame for the front motor mount,,think all you had to do was get another mount and longer bolts :)

BTW-Hows the Huffy runnin?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Nice bike. I remove the fenders on all my Cranbrook sale bikes for safety.
I don't like the idea of a new rider getting killed from them failing and getting into the wheel, and I don't like the way they flap and rattle,
That said, it's easy to upgrade the mounts if you like the looks.