level carb issues...

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
When in need of some funky part, I have had great luck at a local lawn equipment repair shop. Very often this guy (3rd generation small engine repair pro) will look at the engine or part, go in the back and come back out with a box of parts that might work. He always says no charge but I leave him at least a 20.

Just a thought but might be worth a try.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Here's the way I always level my carbs.

I've used this setup a dozen times with no problems. Mine are all four strokes though. I used a curve from some old drop handlebars with a flange welded to each end. I looks like your angle is not as radical as mine, so you could use a very short tube. .
I will be using your idea and want to thank you for it. By the way what kind of carbs are those that you are using on your bikes?

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I will be using your idea and want to thank you for it. By the way what kind of carbs are those that you are using on your bikes?
They're standard Briggs two-piece flow jet carbs that come on a lot of upright motors from 3 to 5 hp. They normally have a 90 degree cast elbow on top. I replace it with my homemade tubes. These carbs aren't the most efficient, but very quickly tunable for altitude and atmospheric conditions. I also like the old school look.