What the best 80/66 cc motor out there?

GoldenMotor.com

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I got a 66/80cc kit from biketomopedkit .com. I think it is an SD Stinger. It runs nice, had to raise the needle. The parts seem good quality, not much chrome. Nothing broke on it, so far. There are better quality kits out there, but this one has a good price. They have good support too.

jdarnell

Sep 14, 2011
MA
I purchased a occ stringray bicycle and want to put a motor on it. What would be the engine to purchase that would be and automatic start in other words you would pedal then use a key to start it not use a clutch.

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
I purchased a occ stringray bicycle and want to put a motor on it. What would be the engine to purchase that would be and automatic start in other words you would pedal then use a key to start it not use a clutch.
So far I haven't seen any motorized bicycle kits that have electric start- you might be able to make one yourself but that would mean installing a battery, a starter motor, and figuring out a way to hook the starter to the engine- besides all the wiring that would have to be done. Maybe someone has done this use the google search at the top- type "electric start" or something. Good Luck with your build!

As for good quality kits, just check out the ads along the sides of the page- they all have to do with motorized bikes- I hear thatsdax.com, pistonbikes, boygofast, and RAW engine kits are all good.

kallsop

May 2, 2009
CT US
monsterscooterparts and elsewhere sell engines with electric starts, but those engines are suitable for rear mount friction drives and generally not in frame. Then you will have to mount a battery and relay and starter switch, and a charger circuit for the battery. It seems like way too much effort when there is a pull starter, unless there are health issues that prevent using the pull starter.

impression

Feb 26, 2009
Syadney,Australia
Rock solid stage II engine is the best in my opinion. If not that a ZBOX
Rock Solid Stage 2 kits are the best "off the shelf" kit you can buy.

javascript:void%20window.open('http://shop.rocksolidengines.com.au/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/70cc_HP_Stage_2__4c06eb1302a75.jpg',%20'win2',%20'status=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes,titlebar=no,menubar=no,resizable=yes,width=520,height=516,directories=no,location=no');

70cc HP Stage 2 Engine: Dellorto type flat slide racing carburettor, Accelerator cable to suite, MSD terminal, lead & boot, Billett Aluminium Performance cylinder head, All bolts are replaced using high tensile Allen key type, Loctite 243 thread locker, Inlet manifold porting, Exhaust porting & exhaust modifications, Carburettor idle screw adjusted, Carburettor fitted to manifold, Clutch adjusted to ensure right setting, Individually stamped identification with engine builder & numbered for ID.

Engine kit: comes complete with

* 415 chain
* Penrite running in oil 200ml
* Chain clip
* Clutch cable
* Aluminium clutch handle with clutch locking pin
* Throttle cable
* Twist grip throttle mechanism with kill switch
* 200ml running in oil
* CDI ignition box
* MSD 8.5mm lead
* MSD 90 degree boot
* MSD triple insulated terminal
* NGK spark plug
* Roller bearing chain tensioner (chrome plate)
* Sprocket wheel installation kit with high tensile Allen key bolts & Nylon lock nut bolts
* Chrome plate 44 tooth rear wheel sprocket
* Silver 2lt fuel tank
* Kartech fuel line
* Fuel pet cock
* Fuel filter with magnetic disk
* Engine mounting brackets including high tensile Allen key bolts & Nylon lock nut bolts
* Dellorto type flat slide carburettor & round air filter
* Y ties with stainless steel locking pins
* Electrical scotch clips
* Wiring crimp connectors
* Chrome plate exhaust
* Exhaust gasket 3mm Graph Foil
* CNC cut 1.5mm Inlet gasket
* Exhaust mounting bracket
* Large round tube engine adaptor
* Silver chain guard
* Screw tool
* Comprehensive fitting instructions

I have a rock solid engine i bought in 2009.... Runs great :) put many more k's (miles) on it than i know of going to class and back.

Adrian101

Sep 15, 2011
australia
Rock Solid Stage 2 kits are the best "off the shelf" kit you can buy.
I know they are the best off the shelf. the engine itself is the best as it has been pulled apart by the guys there and put back together with performance and better standard parts.

The only thing i dislike about the kit is the carby. I just don't like the look and the way it operates. I like the speed carby more

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
+1 DAX.. Great engine great service after the sale and thats what is important to me. You can sell me something but if you dont back it up it ..(you got my my money and its my problem)...Customer service is #1 With DAX
edit ; man who keeps draging out these old posts ...lol just realized when this thread started

Last edited: