spitting and sputtering and lite jerking on take off

GoldenMotor.com

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
my question is I would want it to have a smooth take off?So if I pedal a little
and rev the throttle and release the clutch its gets going without the jerking and sputtering is this normal and if not give me some idea how to fix it....thanks.Oh my carb is a cns and engine is a skyhawk 48cc ...ngk spark plug.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It's not a motorcycle. The engine needs help to get you moving. Pedal a little, that's what they're for, then release the clutch slowly as you advance the throttle and pick up speed. A very large rear sprocket will help with low speed take off but your top end speed will suffer. If you're rear sprocket is the standard 44 or 41 tooth then you'll need to pedal assist that little engine.
Tom

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
Thanks guys.That's what i been looking for that means its normal and something isn't wrong with it!I happy now.I think I'm a lucky one because I'm one of the few that likes the cns carb.It runs great after a few adjustments float and jets got me going good.I tired a nt carb but couldn't get it to seal right on the intake always had a air leak it just wouldn't push on all the way even tried sealant around intake.... Thanks again!

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
If you install a centrifugal clutch, then you can start off from a standstill with a 41 or 44 tooth sprocket.