I'm new and need some help to get the correct kit.

GoldenMotor.com

smemo666

Jun 20, 2011
Chicago
Hi,
I'm new in the forum as well at the motorbikes world.
2 simple questions.

Is my bike ok to be motorized?
Phat cycles model Sea Crest 3 speeds made of aluminum. I heard that some aluminum bikes don't make it because of the vibration.

What will be the best kit to put on? I'm new and have some knolage of mechanics but not too much.

Thanks for your help

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Welcome to the forum from Dallas. That bike should be pretty easy to motorize. Any of the China Girl motor kits would work about the same. You'll find all the information you need to make a decision here on the forum. Good luck.

smemo666

Jun 20, 2011
Chicago
Welcome to the forum from Dallas. That bike should be pretty easy to motorize. Any of the China Girl motor kits would work about the same. You'll find all the information you need to make a decision here on the forum. Good luck.
Hi Biknut,
Thanks for your answer. I just bought a Skyhawk 44cc in black to get it installed.
I did some research and seems like I need to upgrade some of the stuff that comes on the kit.

What would be the first think that I should upgrade before isntalling it.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I would check with Pirate Cycle and find out if they have a hub adapter to fit your bike. If so get the adapter, sprocket and drive chain from them.

A performance air filter would be pretty high on the list.

seannp22

Jun 21, 2011
United States
If the 44 cc doesn't work, i would suggest a Grubee Star fire 2 cycle 48cc motor it. it works great with great results. The only problem I've had to deal with is replacing the chain tension-er regarding stock it's plastic. it works, but you can get alot better results using any other pulley. other than that, parts for this motor kit are easy and usually cheap to find/get.

smemo666

Jun 20, 2011
Chicago
If the 44 cc doesn't work, i would suggest a Grubee Star fire 2 cycle 48cc motor it. it works great with great results. The only problem I've had to deal with is replacing the chain tension-er regarding stock it's plastic. it works, but you can get alot better results using any other pulley. other than that, parts for this motor kit are easy and usually cheap to find/get.
HI seannp22,
I made a mistake naming the motor that I bought.
I got the Skyhawk 48cc model GT2B 2010.
Thanks for let me know which parts do I need to replace.
I'll start a new thread as Al fichermen recomended.
Thanks.