4 Stroke 6.5hp TO YOUR DOOR - $75.00

GoldenMotor.com

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
The coupon code expires today, though HF has these things pretty often. The engines are being replaced, so this deal shouldn't last long.
coupon code: 79673000

Enjoy!

kallsop

May 2, 2009
CT US
I put one of those engines on my snowblower to replace a dead Tecumseh Snow King. Great engine, but way too heavy and powerful for a bicycle IMO.

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Yeah, just wondering what the thought is on how 6.5 hp and almost 200cc jibes with most state laws that run 50cc and under with 2 hp max? Is the idea to move into the motorcycle class or is the thought more a show motorized bicycle and not run on public roads?

Last edited:

sketchman

Mar 23, 2011
WV, USA
The "rules" as far as I can make out are kinda foggy here.

A bicycle is defined basically as a human powered thing with at least 1 wheel being over 20" in size, and of course no engine of any kind, period.

But a moped is a powered thing with no specification on wheel size but with an engine no larger than 50cc and pedals to assist or whatever.

So, I would assume there is no specific "ruel/law/whatever" that pertains to adult sized bicycles with engines on them. So, I guess they'd say it's a moped, and how do they know what size the engine is? Since there is no specific law IMO pertaining to what I'm riding, I will take a chance till I get caught once and see what happens. Then figure out what to do after that.

Oh, and I will "pay the man" whatever he likes to be legal if I have to. It's worth it either way in gas savings.