Wheelie trainer(was Motorised unicycle)

GoldenMotor.com

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Hello all, I finaly got home today, and found time to do a few tweaks on my contraption, and practice WHEELIES!!
I raised the wheelie bar another inch, and built a 1" drive roller to replace the 1 3/8" one. Lot better low speed torque now,with good throttle control at around 10 mph, my fav wheelie speed.

Also added some axle pegs to the front wheel. Thinking about adding a liteweight childs bike chaining to front wheel and fork to make it street legal LOL

After 30 min practice, with all my safety gear on, a I went from 10 foot wheelies to 100ft wheelies, EZ too! Can't wait to practice some more!
HTML:
[ATTACH]33607.vB[/ATTACH]

Attachments

Last edited:

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
DSC_1449.JPG OK, I've done a few more mods to my wheelie trainer, and painted it. changed to a 20" front wheel. Helps a lot with handeling and gets the front a little higher and closer to wheelie mode.
I can shift my weight back a little once I'm
rolling, and easily do power wheelies at 5-10mph with throttle control. It has a definite rightturn when the nosewheel is up, because of the engine hanging off the right side. Been experimenting with a counterweight,seems to help.
I still need plenty practice before I can keep the wheel up for long without dragging my feet, or make a video.