still dealing with loss of power.PLEASE HELP

GoldenMotor.com

TNault

Feb 2, 2011
Florida
ok so i have taken the carb off i cleaned it out. which there was nothing to clean out.. i made sure all the holes were not clogged. i changed the spark plug and looked at the magneto. everything is good in those areas.. just to recap the motor will run. and when the engine is cold it actully works well. after 2 minutes it starts bogging down if i gas it it boggs down. if i bearly throttle it it runs like 10 miles an hour.. this bike is my transportation to work so i really need to figure this out.. someone please help

:-||

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Mine would run good cold then bog down. My Cdi was going to ground internally. It was actually a tiny bit warm to the touch after about three miles when the motor quit working. I could let the bike cool for awhile then it was good for the same thing.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Have you fixed this problem yet. Because we may not be on the same page?
hey guys i have had this bike up and running for a good 3 months now.. i ride it about 20 miles a day.. anyways my clutch keeps getting stuck so i can move the back tire.. i keep backing the flower nut out and its fixed but after i ride it for a while it sticks again.. I NEED HELP .kick2

TNault

Feb 2, 2011
Florida
yea i got that fixed yesterday before i went to work. thats good now. but on my way home i lost power. i have been tinkering with it all day. it runs great when its cold but when it gets warm it starts bogging down when i gas it.. but if i push the clutch in and gas it its fine revs good..
by the way thanks for all the help and tips. i dont know what i would do without everyones help here.

bitsnpieces

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne, AUS
As mentioned in an earlier post from you relating to this problem, maybe its the choke.

The choke lever is screwed in and bolted. Take the carb air filter off to see it. Make sure the choke lever isn't loose, so tighten the bolt its on. Make sure it isn't too tight or you won't be able to use the choke properly. It needs to be tight, but loose enough so when you use the lever, it isn't rotating the carb itself because its too tightly screwed to the carb. Vibrations will kick the choke up if its too loose and that will cut off your power.

Check to make sure you have a clean fuel flow and it isn't breaking in and out. Lack of fuel running through will bog you down.

Eliminate as many vibrations as you can; the less, the better.

Lastly, the magneto or coil. They could be wearing out so you just need to replace them.

Those are my guesses...

TNault

Feb 2, 2011
Florida
sooo i after trouble shooting over and over the cdi just fell apart.. im pretty sure that was my problem.. i should have my new by thursday.. hope thats it..

matty67

Feb 6, 2011
perth australia
mine had the same symptoms and i changed the plug and still no joy, then pulled carby apart and cleaned it, had fine black stuff in the bottom which is no big deal but the main jet (which is is brass tube screwed into bottom of the cab) has such a small hole and is easily blocked without even seeing anything in it, a spray of degreaser and ander the tap and blow thru with your mouth then hold it up to the light and make sure you can see thru it. I did that today and it worked and ran fine.