Burning wood?

GoldenMotor.com

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
Well this is sort of strange but after iv'e been for a ride my engine smells a bit like burning wood, theres no petroly or oily smell but a rather pleasent bon fire whiff in the air around it..
First i thought that there was some debris or woodchips stuck somewhere on the engine or exhaust but i couldnt find any thing, checked if there was something under the magneto cover and clutch cover but nothing.. Other than that the engine runs great, but should i worry or am i missing something?

Cheers Dregg

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
Interesting... I've never experienced a "wood" smell, what type of oil(mix) are you using??

Mac

K-dregg

Apr 20, 2010
Sweden
LOL.. Yeah i might do that actully.. The smell makes me kinda hungry..

I run a two stroke synthetic i picked up at the gas station, cant remeber the brand.. I think the mix 35/1..

And no, legs are ok, the exhaust isnt even close to it, and its pretty much gutted..

Well i was just wondering is it was something that had happend to anyone else or if there was some possible explanation to it.. But since the the engine runs good i'll just keep riding it.. :)

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I know steam is a possibility in colder conditions ,the wood smoke smell may be a scent added to keep the neighbors from complaining

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I love the smell of napalm in the morning... smells like...victory. In the case of wood smoke, it reminds me camping with my family when I was a kid. A camp fire, bacon and egss cooking, coffee brewing... Now there are smells you'll never forget. I sort of wish my bike smelled like yours. Instead, I get castor oil.
Tom