Gt5?

GoldenMotor.com

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
I got this motor yesterday its a 66cc Grubee starfire but does that mean its a Gt5, Just curious as its my first 66cc motor after 3 48cc's i figured id give 1 a try when or if my 48cc Grubee starfire dies.

It has no squishband but does have a domed piston

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
I had been loking at sykhawks and starfires all last night, must have had starfire on the brain. Yeh clearly its a skyhawk but i mistakenly wrote starfire i just thought someone here would see that and could tell me if its a gt5. Thanks anyway

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Whoops sorry, I see that they have straight heads too. If its a 66cc then its a GT5. I say put it on one of your bikes to try out and compare. Bet you won't go back to the 49cc.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Thanks for that Tipsy, I saw the slant heads and straight versions there but the pics are small and not to clear, im keen to see if your right compared to the smaller motors i do hope it turns the same rpm up top.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
I have a PK80 right now on my murray westport(heavy bike/ heavy rider). It has nice pickup through 7mph to 15mph+. Then once I get over 20mph I can blast it up to 35+ like a good motorbike should. It really opens up when you get rolling. My fastest speed so far is 46mph on a flat stretch. Its almost like a new beast, but I can only compare it to my friend's 33cc which is less than half my engine if you compare HP and Torque. Good luck and make sure you put on some bigger brakes, I've already upgraded to front disc. Still have rear pull, but will be adding a rear disc when I install SBP's shift kit. Hands down the disc brakes are better all around. L8R!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I went to the site and my boots weren't high enough to wade through all the boo boo.

EPA ban? He starts that crap every year!
"Bad Boy" what makes the extra hp, the chrome goodies???
not to mention some copyright infringement going on there..."super Rat"? Puh Leeze!

Lotta hype and sizzle, little actual steak.

The Model A? I bought several of those from livefast for 70 dollars shipped!

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Ya it took me 30min looking at all that shall we say propaganda, but action talks and bs walks, so far my 48cc skyhawk (sorry bairdco) is pretty damn good, i hope this bad boy lives up to its grubee rep. 3.5hp here i come!

Last edited: