here's my thatsdax kit installed

GoldenMotor.com

PatMcLJr

Jun 21, 2009
earth
I finally got my f50 kit installed on my old bike.

I had a few problems getting it all to fit up, but with help from thatsdax and here, it's rolling.

Here's a pic.

humm, wont let me add the picture?

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
I finally got my f50 kit installed on my old bike.

I had a few problems getting it all to fit up, but with help from thatsdax and here, it's rolling.

Here's a pic.

humm, wont let me add the picture?
You have to post like 10 messages to be able to post pic's and links it's an anti spamming thing

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Very nice bike Pat!
I don't see a inline fuel filter may I suggest you install one it will save you headaches in the future.
I hope you enjoy your bike they are a lot of fun just to motor around on.
Norman

PatMcLJr

Jun 21, 2009
earth
Thanks Norman,
OK I'll put it on "the list"
I've read so many tips in here that now I have 20 more things to do to my bike before it get 5 more miles on it! I think I have a VW filter laying around that should work. Very good idea too, Thanks.

Pat Jr.
ride to live, live to ride

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just another thing to add to your list but an important one: Secure that chain tensioner bracket to the chainstay. Use either a bolt and nut or a self tapping screw. The brackets are notorious for loosening and getting into the rear spokes. Good luck and enjoy that nice bike. You made a good choice by purchasing from thatsdax.
Tom

PatMcLJr

Jun 21, 2009
earth
Just another thing to add to your list but an important one: Secure that chain tensioner bracket to the chainstay. Use either a bolt and nut or a self tapping screw. The brackets are notorious for loosening and getting into the rear spokes. Good luck and enjoy that nice bike. You made a good choice by purchasing from thatsdax.
Tom
?Que

put a bolt into the chain tensioner into my bike frame? You have hit my my sore spot for sure, that chain tensioner gives me a LOT of grief already. Is there something better available, like a sprung tensioner or one with a better mount? But that doesn't cost more then the bike and the motor kit.

Thanks for the advise,
Pat Jr.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
or you can lay a bolt flat behind the bottom of tensioner and using hose clamps on each side to hold the bolt in place and this will keep the tensioner from going into the wheel.
this works on mine.

roachhill

Aug 14, 2008
bacikwoods of northern PA
If there's a better chain tensioner I'd like to know about it myself. I finally got my Dax kit installed and the tensioner wheel pulled off the side of the bearing. It seems awful flimsy and poorly designed. I would like to get a shifter kit but can't spare that much cash right now.