Ghost's full suspension build

GoldenMotor.com

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Well today was the maiden voyage. Everything went well except my intelligence. For some reason I had the head off this engine and forgot. So I went to start it up and it would fire but wouldn't run. It also sounded like it had an exhaust leak but being that it had a new exhaust that didn't bother me. Well I forgot to tighten the head down and the spark plug was loose. After I got my intelligence back, I think anyway she fired right up an wow is this cool. Wheelies are so easy. Still have to tune the carb and some other minor tweeking but overall I like it. Can't wait to take it to some dirt and open her up. Now where is that jump my buddy was telling me about?
Now that's what I call a bike!!!Everything about that bike is great. Those fenders are the icing on the cake. Never knew that you can have free wheel on the front.There are lots of bike shops up here but no way would they have anything like that.:):)

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
pinoysouljah,
I am not sure what handle bars they are, just something I found at a local bicycle recycling place. You can find similar ones at most bike shops.

Blakenstein,
The front freewheel is part of the Sick Bike Parts Shift Kit which is what really makes the full suspension bike possible in the first place.

Thanks all, she sure is fun to ride.

Medicfung

Oct 25, 2010
Calabasas
hi ghost, i am new to the forum but was shown your build. i coincidentally have a team lts frame that id like to build up into a similar ride. what drivetrain and components do you recommend to make this all possible? i saw earlier you mentioned the shifter kit(hd?) but what about the other stuff? thanks in advance, youre a true inspiration, my heart is still racing at the thought of me having a dirtbike to go along with my supermoto.

leezy_1

Oct 15, 2010
manchester
Well today was the maiden voyage. Everything went well except my intelligence. For some reason I had the head off this engine and forgot. So I went to start it up and it would fire but wouldn't run. It also sounded like it had an exhaust leak but being that it had a new exhaust that didn't bother me. Well I forgot to tighten the head down and the spark plug was loose. After I got my intelligence back, I think anyway she fired right up an wow is this cool. Wheelies are so easy. Still have to tune the carb and some other minor tweeking but overall I like it. Can't wait to take it to some dirt and open her up. Now where is that jump my buddy was telling me about?

ghost, is the pipe touching the head.? and how have you secured the pipe.?

im really struggling with fitting mine...:/

thanks...

leezy_1

Oct 15, 2010
manchester
hi ghost and thanks very much for the reply, i would like very much of details of the sizes of the copper piping you used how many pieces you use, and how you kept it stable.i carnt find your sbp account sorry, but you can mail me if you would please. [email protected]

i got some copper pipe today, but i find there seems no way to fasten the pipe. i was thinking of pulling the bolt out the the rear arm and bolt it to the frame there, i will send back photos of what i have to show you, all help would be very greatful as i want it to be right, i have but a jack-shaft and a carb from duane from dax. my bike is the same as yours,but my rear shock has no damper so ive just turned the ring up, i carnt find one for it anywhere.

thanks again for the help.

alan.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Attached are 3 photos of how I mounted my pipe. Photo 1 show how I arranged the header and fittings. It requires the addition of one extra 45 degree fitting and a small piece of 3/4 inch copper. Photo 2 show how it wraps around the down tube. Photo 3 shows how I mounted it to the frame using a pipe strap and a piece of aluminum bent into a L bracket. Hope this helps.

Attachments

Nikko

Jun 23, 2011
So Cal
how long did the shift kit take to install for the first time?

i really want to buy one for my next build on a front suspension mountain bike.