azbill's EZM powered Jaguar

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Really nice Bill. All the right touches. I honestly think the bent seat post is the best bang for the buck upgrade. Makes a world of difference in enjoying a MB.

Might just try the Jag for next build.

Thanks for taking the time to find those pics.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
1st pic ... it was very difficult to drain the oil, so, I drilled out a 10mm, 1.25 pitch bolt, cut the head off it, clamped a piece of fuel line and plugged it with original drain plug (drain it directly into a used oil bottle )
2nd pic ... left side showing new Armadillo Crossroads 26x1.95 tires I got for my b-day
3rd pic ... right side showing painted engine cover (fusion vinyl paint), and painted rear of silent-drive housing (high-heat krylon)
4th pic ... the reason I do all this...my granddaughters, Sophia & Bianca

I have wrapped the exhaust pipe with black heat-wrap up to the muffler also

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Bill,
Your Jag just keeps getting better. Makes me want to abandon my 2 stroke and try something different. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Tom

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Bill, that last picture is heart warming. Look at the happy. I keep thinking about the stories they both will be telling 30, 40 yrs from now. Just really cool.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Bill, how did you drill out the bolt to make the oil drain?

Bill,
Your Jag just keeps getting better. Makes me want to abandon my 2 stroke and try something different. Thanks for keeping us updated.
Tom
Tom, the 4 smokers really are nice. Almost a different world.

Last edited:

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Bill:
I just got that front wheel and I was wondering if you could post an overview of how the front brake attaches. The first picture kind of cuts off the attachment point for the arm and I want to make sure I get it right.
Thanks!

scratg

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
when I got my wheel (3yrs,3bikes,5-6engines ago!), I called S/A, and the tech told me it did not matter which way the wheel was oriented (brake arm can go either left or right side)
I mount mine with arm on left fork, I just bolt up the wheel loosely, spin the arm until it is lined up with the fork, and slide the clip down
I then tighten all bolts attach cable and good to go (using a springer, it is sometimes a PITA to get the wheel off/on tho rotfl)

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
bill i made the mistake of sending pictures of your motorized bicycle to my daughter to show my grandson which is 3 and it is all he can talk about lol. we are going to leave the island for a few weeks this summer and they already have a bike and schwinn carier. so i may have a kit shipped thier to build one. that just looks like so much fun

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
I just thought of another brake question! How difficult is it to take the hub out to lube the bearings? I want to be sure I do not end up with a pile of parts that I can't put back together!

:-||

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
FF, I don't know...I have well over 8000 miles on it and never opened her up !!!
have adjusted the tension 2-3X, never had a reason to go farther than that
this appears to be a very well made hub

FWF, I am a EZ Motorbike dealer, it is an EZM 'silent drive' tranny, it is only available now with an entire kit...
possibly to be sold seperately in the future, but I have no idea when

thanks for all the props, and questions on the kit :):):)

ps. FF, you guys in Tucson should be seeing a stretch cruiser running an EZM down your way, I sold my 1st kit to a guy named Wayne down there :)

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
The EZM 'silent drive' tranny is a really beautiful thing. Really is. Smooth and quite. I am not a dealer (but I play one on TV)

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
Nice build! When my 2-stroke gets around to blowing up I may switch to a 4-stroke.
I already have over 2000 miles on it, so maybe sooner than I want... haha