Huffy Millinnial 29" Cruiser Build

GoldenMotor.com

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Are those painted steel wheels? The wheels on my huffy are and the brakes squeaked till the paint got a little worn. Now on my second set of pads on that bike and its much better.

Speedfreak241

Jun 22, 2014
Florida
I got the engine kit today and found some of the parts damaged so I contacted the seller to see what I can do.

I tried installing the sprocket and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it on straight so I decided I should order an adapter. What is the best adapter? I have seen the one for 83 dollars from jake and on eBay (pictured below) there is one for 45.

Speedfreak241

Jun 22, 2014
Florida
Well I've driven it around for a while now and have gotten it up to 28mph on a dirt road with plenty of bumps. Starting to wish I did one with suspension. The chain continues to keep falling of or the sprocket moves and starts making the chain slap around so I need to get a sprocket adapter. Who has the cheapest sprocket adapter that's not junk. Also I got the guy on eBay to refund me $95 because he told me to just buy a new engine to fix mine that had bent fins and a crack is the clutch cover, so this money will be used to get the sprocket adapter and to start on a new clutch cover.

Speedfreak241

Jun 22, 2014
Florida
Well today I had catastrophic failure with my bike. The chain tensioner turned and hit the rim and broke the spokes and the chain bent and ruined the tensioner. So now I need to find a new wheel, tensioner, and chain before I can try and ride again.

Speedfreak241

Jun 22, 2014
Florida
I have the factory sprocket on my bike and I want something a little faster. I am buying an adapter and was wondering if I should get the 38 or 40 tooth sprocket.

Speedfreak241

Jun 22, 2014
Florida
Any information on what sprocket I should get 38 or 40. I only weigh 160 and I ride on dirt and paved roads. Right now I have no mods done on the engine but eventually I'll put on a new exhaust and do some other mods.

Speedfreak241

Jun 22, 2014
Florida
Well I ordered all the parts to put my bike back together including #41 chain and a sprocket adapter. I have seen the pull starts with the centrifugal clutch is this setup any better that the stock. I have found one that's to me really cheap and need to know so I can try to get it if it's better.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Everyone that has put on a pull start that I know of also had to install a wide crank set so the pedal would clear.

Speedfreak241

Jun 22, 2014
Florida
Well the new sprocket and chain are on the bike and it is doing perfect. No more chain slapping around and falling off. It didn't speed the bike up at all going to a 40 tooth sprocket but now I can cruise at 20. I now have a total of 20 miles on the bike.

Speedfreak241

Jun 22, 2014
Florida
Ok well I finally got my fuel mixed at a 40/1 ratio running valvoline 2 stroke oil. I've noticed with this ratio my engine is running rich and takes longer to warm up.

The sprocket adapter is on as tight as I can get it but it still seems to spin and hit the spokes. Is this normal and is there a way to fix it? My spokes on the new wheel are already bending a little but not enough to hurt the wheel.