New Huffy 80cc not so cheap build

GoldenMotor.com

epwrangler

Apr 15, 2014
El Paso, Texas
I just finished my first bike.Wow! What fun for a 71 year old kid. Bought a cheap Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser from Wal-Mart ($88) and a kit off Ebay ($139). I got the bug by watching two Huffy 29 inchers go flying by not too long ago. I wanted one but mine is 26 inch. I truly love this thing and having it cough and sputter to life the first time is a real thrill. I am subbing at a local high school and the kids are as convinced as my wife is that I am nuts. Maybe so, maybe so but then it feels so good. Stay tuned as I customize it and maybe build a mountain bike next. Wal-Mart has one for $79.99.

Last edited:

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
I just finished my first bike.Wow! What fun for a 71 year old kid. Bought a cheap Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser from Wal-Mart ($88) and a kit off Ebay ($139). I got the bug by watching two Huffy 29 inchers go flying by not too long ago. I wanted one but mine is 26 inch. I truly love this thing and having it cough and sputter to life the first time is a real thrill. I am subbing at a local high school and the kids are as convinced as my wife is that I am nuts. Maybe so, maybe so but then it feels so good. Stay tuned as I customize it and maybe build a mountain bike next. Wal-Mart has one for $79.99.
sounds awesome! I wish my teachers rode motorized bikes. dnut

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!!

If I would've had one of these when I was a pre-teen, there probably would have been some out-of-state searches conducted for me!! :D

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Ah, yes....

The $88 dollar Cranbrook plus cheap 2 cycle engine and kit.

I think that's exactly what my Cranbrook cost me two years ago. I know it was about $95 after tax.

They're sorta like the original Volkswagen. They're all the same and they're not very impressive, really. But you get quite a bit of bang for the buck. And when you get to know them, they're loveable. In the same way that a mutt is just as loveable as a purebreed.

Have fun.

Teratoma

Apr 24, 2014
Arizona
HA! You sound just like me! I just finished my first build using a Walmart Kent La Jolla; paid $130 for my 49cc China Girl and joined the forum last month. 43 year old kid here!

Marveling myself at how much I adore my Lola - I used her to run errands yesterday, zipping all over central Tucson all day and she just screamed like a buzzsaw the whole time. Such a joy to ride!

Starting to get hot here though. Tonight I plan to take her up Sentinel Peak ('A' Mountain) for the sunset.

Cheers!

magna_503

Apr 13, 2009
Portland, OR
How could you say no to cheap... hahaha..

Cheap so I can redirect the fund to the next build
Cheap so I can redirect fund for the shop which should translate to a better next build
Cheap so I can redirect fund to a turbo project on a car (can't be cheap here)
Cheap so I can payoff my mortgage earlier...(thinking out loud) hahah

Amazing how cheap can lead to direct positive impact in our live..... Why not go cheap on I ask you... K, i'm just drunk

Last edited: