Megabike: Rev B.

GoldenMotor.com

UWMrider

Jan 23, 2013
Milwaukee
Hi everyone!

I am just about to finish up my complete rebuild/upgrade for Megabike complete with a new paint scheme! Upgrades include:

Rear disc break instead of caliper
New gaskets for the engine
New color scheme with cream tires
SBP expansion chamber

Ill bring Megabike out tomorrow for the first time this year to get her going for the summer!

Here is a picture of the bike as it sits right now. Putting the engine on tomorrow!

Joe

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Very cool looking bike, Joe. Looking forward to seeing her finished.

How'd the motor installation go?

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
great looking bike, gonna make a sweet motorized bicycle, I really like the lines on that style cruiser

UWMrider

Jan 23, 2013
Milwaukee
Engine re-install is going well. Unfortunately had to take a break to work on my senior design project. All thats left is to install the clutch cable and expansion pipe!

Pictures later!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
That is a very durable looking rear wheel caliper mount. I used an A2Z rear caliper mount, which does not attach to the rim-brake post.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Grey, or is it gray? Goes with anything and always looks good. Nice looking build and I'm anxious to see the sprocket/disc rotor combo mounted. Or, are you using a shift kit?
Good work. Thanks for sharing.

Tom

UWMrider

Jan 23, 2013
Milwaukee
Thanks! I actually have a shift kit. Motor fired up right away after a winter tear down. Unfortunately I cant seem to keep the rear wheel straight when any weight is put on it so that Is the problem I am going to need to fix tomorrow.

UWMrider

Jan 23, 2013
Milwaukee
Hey guys finally got the picture of the bike. Got it running for a ride around the block today and when I went to go take it on a longer run the engine started squealing on start up and then wouldnt keep running. I think its a carb issue but I dont know for sure. I am working through it. It was a strong runner last year so this is surprising.

Anyways here is a picture!

Attachments

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Check your head for tightness too. Could have been squealing head gasket leading to loss of compression and no fire.

UWMrider

Jan 23, 2013
Milwaukee
You were right it was the head tightness. Now I just need to readjust my needle valve for the proper idle and it will be back to being a strong runner! Thanks for all of the help!

Joe

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I like the fact that used the red cable housing, my theory is the black ones are so ugly but you gotta have em so accentuate them with color NICE!