Gebe Sheave and Belt Questions

GoldenMotor.com

Colorado CJ

Jun 11, 2013
Colorado
Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

I am building up my first motorized bike. For the drive, I am going to be using a TC2 Torque converter and a 79CC Predator engine.

Now for my question. I am wanting to use the GEBE sheave and belt system for this build, but the drive pulleys GEBE sells are all too small for the proper gear ratio.

I want to use a timing belt pulley with a tooth size around 25 teeth. This will give me the following ratios and speed at 4000 r.p.m.

28.9:1 = 10.7 m.p.h.
9.63 = 32.1 m.p.h.

I am wondering if anyone knows what the belt tooth pitch is that GEBE uses. I'd be buying both my belts and sheave from GEBE but need to buy the drive pulley separately since GEBE only goes up to 14 tooth.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Robby

May 18, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
I contacted Vaughn at GEBE the other day regarding using one of the kits as an in-frame setup. As you are aware the belts are custom made by Gates for them to a specific length. I'm not sure about the pitch/width/length of the belt and pulleys.
Might be worth researching or contacting GEBE about how well it would handle the torque of a 79cc. The system doesn't seem to be that suited to high power and aggressive motoring.