BTR Cafe

GoldenMotor.com

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
BTR Cafe? No, I am not opening a restaurant! What I'm doing is trying to break the 80 mph barrier with the help of some aerodynamic aids. I got ahold of a 1960's styled fairing and am mounting it to one of my bikes. I hope to do some testing in the next few weeks.

BTR Cafe by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

I disabled the pedal crank this time and added some custom rearsets for a better tuck position. Plan is that all these new components will be easily removed so the bike can be returned to it's original BTR configuration.

I know, crazy, right? I have to admit it isn't the best looking machine I have ever built. Trying to blend what is essentially a 1918 motorcycle with 1960's technology can't be pretty, but for the sake of speed this one time I have made some concessions.

konig44

Mar 20, 2013
fort collins
Will you be making and selling these rearsets? They look like an awesome design. Oh. And that half steel half chromoly post you made up for me is still holding like a champ. Thanks pat!

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OH MY! That thing is gonna FLY! Where can ya get a clear plexi piece for that fairing? I think it will look GREAT once its painted! dance1 Looks like one of the COP bikes from THX1138

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Thanks for the comments, guys! I made the rear set brackets and the pegs are a standard off the shelf item. Plan is that I can adjust them along the chain stay tube till I am comfortable, then tighten them in place. I just want to get this thing out on the open roads and see how it feels. This time I doubt I will be able to convince anyone that it's just a motorized bicycle.

hsvmick

Mar 23, 2011
hobart tasmania australia
hi pat,just wanting to say when you do hit the high way and the animal starts to fly just let it go i know a guy in tasmania australia who will catch it and take good care of it ,good to here from you