attempting a btr

GoldenMotor.com

konig44

Mar 20, 2013
fort collins
Hey guys
I'm wanting to try to build or rather assemble a btr since I have no metal working tools or skills. I came across an old cwc frame. I'm not sure of the year though. Still deciding on an engine that will fit with the least amount of mods. Also which sturmey front hub are most of you using? I also have this green Hiawatha on hold at my lbs, that I want to make into an old cruiser style for my lady.

Thanks
B

Attachments

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
You won't chop the Hiawatha up into a girls frame will you? if so you might be interested in a trade for this 1916 Cleeve Woman's 28"wheel base frame, it's condition is perfect (seriously) P/M me if you are interested, I like that Hiawatha.

Attachments

Last edited:

konig44

Mar 20, 2013
fort collins
The shop I go to is always getting old bikes in so if you guys are looking for specific frames let me know and I can keep an eye out. So far I've gotten a flight liner frame from them a space liner the cwc and that hiawatha

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I will be looking for an Mid 20's-30's (frame & truss rod forks) Hiawatha, Iver Johnson, Mead, Scwhinn or camel back tank bicycle similar to your Hiawatha in design in XLNT shape.
I bought the 1916 Cleve womans frame to convert into a Mans camel back tank bicycle but can't bring myself to alter it considering its age, condition and rarity, the wifey already has a rare bicycle, I'm going to restore a 1970 Schwinn Colligate frame and have a Schwinn Varsity all original ready for resto just to peddle around with the wifey.
You guys back east have so many more antique and vintage bicycles out there then we do in cali, especially in Mid States like Indiana, Ohio, Mass. and every one out here wants an eye, tooth, leg and a thousand $$ for something that can Never! be rstored

Last edited:

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
That yellow CWC should fit a 5 hp Briggs with no problem. What type of trans unit were you thinking?

konig44

Mar 20, 2013
fort collins
I have no idea on the tranny. I don't have any experience besides the one 2-striker that I've built and besides tuning that was basically bolt and go. I want to try out a 4 stoke but I don't want the engine that comes in the kit and without metal working tools this project might be a long one