Chinese kit chain quality

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
This is a brand new, never used chain.
'nuff said.
Buy a HD chain before you go more than a mile from home.

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Man,,
I know,,I saw the same thing,,where is a good place to get a quality replacement chain for these kits bro...so far 30+ miles and my chain is ok,,but I dont want to chance it too much longer...

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Well, one solution is to get a 10 tooth engine sprocket that will run 415 chains or BMX Bicycle chains. I use a Wippermann BMX 1R8 chain I got from my local bicycle shop. It is 1/2 x 1/8 and is one of the strongest BMX chains available. It is nickel coated with reinforced plates. It has a breaking load of 12,500 Newton. It's thinner than the 415 and you can use it as a regular bike chain too, but I found that it runs through my china girl sprocket much smoother than the bulky 415. It will run through the standard 41 tooth wheel sprocket with no problems.
Dax sells these 10 tooth engine sprockets for $9.49, also, some kits come with this sprocket standard. They are slightly thinner sprockets. If you are not sure if you have one just try to run a regular bike chain through it and see if it flows through it easily, if it doesn't you will have to get the thinner engine sprocket.

577-Jersey

Mar 23, 2013
central western nj
Well, one solution is to get a 10 tooth engine sprocket that will run 415 chains or BMX Bicycle chains. I use a Wippermann BMX 1R8 chain I got from my local bicycle shop. It is 1/2 x 1/8 and is one of the strongest BMX chains available. It is nickel coated with reinforced plates. It has a breaking load of 12,500 Newton. It's thinner than the 415 and you can use it as a regular bike chain too, but I found that it runs through my china girl sprocket much smoother than the bulky 415. It will run through the standard 41 tooth wheel sprocket with no problems.
Dax sells these 10 tooth engine sprockets for $9.49, also, some kits come with this sprocket standard. They are slightly thinner sprockets. If you are not sure if you have one just try to run a regular bike chain through it and see if it flows through it easily, if it doesn't you will have to get the thinner engine sprocket.
Thanks for the info,,
Im not sure if i would like a smaller style chain,,even if it is stronger,,I like the mechanical look of the bigger chain for the over all appearance of the motor bike.Im gonna take a gander at Tractor Supply later today and grab a few feet of #41 if they have it,,I know diamond makes a great chain,,have used them on my dirt bikes,,but dont really have the $ for a diamond at the moment.

Tom :)

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Someone on this Site recommended the KMC 415HD BMX chain, and I do too, just get a good chain breaker as it broke 2 of ours!

You may also need a few extra links, me and my brother bought three of them (chains), got lots of extra links now.