Taylar builds! Victorville CA

GoldenMotor.com

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
The Simplex has a flat mounting pad, as does the GC motor and it seems to fit pretty well so it would be an easy swap. I have to admit the lack of performance goodies is a major drag though.

The GX would be more work to get mounted, but I have built lots of GX motors and they make buckets of horse power.

I have a couple Albion three speeds that I planned to go with if I use the GC. And if I go with a GX, I'll hotrod it up.

Show some pics of your Simplex, maybe start a thread. It doesn't have pedals, but maybe the moderator will let you slide.

butchl

Sep 30, 2008
Garden City, MI
I,m on there but I thought the site was dead. Have a 5 h.p. B/S engine from a snow blower (flathead) but it has a sprocket where the 3/4" shaft should have a keyway slot. Don't know if it will come off.??

john young

Jan 12, 2013
London Kentucky
Newbie here, Is that a GC160 shown on the bikes by Taylar Builds. Where can I find the smooth flywheel and brass pull rope pully. I also noticed there appears to be a finned piece added to the top of the engine - who makes that. I have gathered all my parts except the motor and am trying to decide which way to go. I want a vertical single cylinder engine that can be made to look like a mid teens motor.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
john young......Yes it is and here is the #(661) 341-0192> ask for Dan, Honda GC160 is the way to go if you want a good dependable engine, if you want to build a rocket out of out of a weed eater well I don't what to tell ya? ask Dan about the Honda GC 160 while you got him on the line, tell him Truckd reffered ya = 1911 Indian

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Well Dan has been buisy. As far as I know ALL of these are sold, or were built to order; so this isnt a for sale thread. :) Just showing some BEAUTIFULL builds some lucky owners will be riding or putting in the living room as; just fur look'n at; metal art.
john young......Yes it is and here is the #(661) 341-0192> ask for Dan, Honda GC160 is the way to go if you want a good dependable engine, if you want to build a rocket out of out of a weed eater well I don't what to tell ya? ask Dan about the Honda GC 160 while you got him on the line, tell him Truckd reffered ya = 1911 Indian
Velodrome, I can't agree more these Taylar Builds, Victorville CA, are truly works of Art for one's enjoyment on the Road or on Display in one's Living room!

Truckd, I can't wait to see a Taylar Build with a Real Vintage Motor or New vintage style custom made motor like Tom TG's:
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=45669

C.H.
P.S. Checkout these Pedalchopper Builds, Ft. Myers, Fl, Chopper Works of Art for one's enjoyment on the Road or on Display in one's Living room!
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=47072

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Velodrome, I'm gonna bet than ( Dan ), Taylar Builds is or has found a Vintage Motorcycle engine for that build or he's gonna use one from forum member Tom TG.

Just a guess, dunno!

Thanks for sharing the Link to the new build Dan's working on, it'll be classy no doubt, and it'll definitely be A Work of Art for sure!

C.H.

Velodrome, I can't agree more these Taylar Builds, Victorville CA, are truly works of Art for one's enjoyment on the Road or on Display in one's Living room!

Truckd, I can't wait to see a Taylar Build with a Real Vintage Motor or New vintage style custom made motor like Tom TG's:
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=45669

C.H.
P.S. Checkout these Pedalchopper Builds, Ft. Myers, Fl, Chopper Works of Art for one's enjoyment on the Road or on Display in one's Living room!
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=47072
Hey CH! Those choppers are way cool! As I understand it Dan ( Taylar ) has started on a full size real MC stylie build. Dond what the motor will be yet. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=46999

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
These are fantastic machines, I would love to see one in person. I wish I had those kinds of fabrication skills.

Does any one know what he charges for a bike? Does that price include the engine or is it a kit kind of deal?
Here is everyone's chance to meet Dan and see the Taylar bikes in person.

I just got of the phone with Dan about he and his family coming to the race
this Saturday June 1st to show off his bikes and check out the event.

Dan said he was going to get some of his local customers to bring their bikes.

Dan was at the October 2011? race at Grange Motor Circuit BBQing sausages
in the pits and showing his classy bikes! :D

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I was going to go with Dan but today the winds in Palmdale/Lancaster Ca. were 75 and 80 MPH, half the roof of my house blow down the street so I won't be going, BUMMER!!
One thing for sure Dans bikes are totally beautiful as well as totally functional, pictures do no justice.