Help finding large T8F sprockets

GoldenMotor.com

Bear

Oct 28, 2012
NZ
Please help if you can, I have a tri stud mounting pattern 33mm (1.3 inches) centre to centre. I cant find anything over 74 teeth.

Ideally I would want 80-90 teeth. Searched for hours :-(

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I just googled T8F, and it seems that its related to scooters and mini-bikes mostly. Not to be rude, but this is not a scooter/mini-bike forum. It is a forum for motorized bicycles. Most of the information that is exchanged here is related to installing engines to pedal bicycles.

Bear

Oct 28, 2012
NZ
thanks bbb, I have a stand up motorised scooter but will be doing a 4 stroke 70cc mountain bike up shortly. I asked here because i didnt relise bikes dont use this chain. do u know a good place to get a custom sprocket made? thanks

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I cant advise you on anything that doesnt relate to bicycles or the motorizing thereof, not because I dont want to, but simply because my range of mechanical knowledge begins and ends with motorized bikes. I can suggest one possibility, but I cannot guarantee the results. visit www.mmbikeparts.com and get in touch with the folks there by phone or email. Tell them what you need, and they will be able to tell you if they can do it or not. If they can't help you, I cant tell you where else to look, because I dont know. Good luck.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I just googled T8F, and it seems that its related to scooters and mini-bikes mostly. Not to be rude, but this is not a scooter/mini-bike forum. It is a forum for motorized bicycles. Most of the information that is exchanged here is related to installing engines to pedal bicycles.
On my Scooterguy center-mounted engine, I use 11t T8F sprocket on the transmission to a 72t chainring. With an 8 speed cassette, it allows me a granny gear of 46.36:1 and final drive of 15:1. If I had used bicycle sprockets, my first gear would've been 28.33 (my present 3rd gear) and an unusable 9.2:1 final drive.:-||

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Please help if you can, I have a tri stud mounting pattern 33mm (1.3 inches) centre to centre. I cant find anything over 74 teeth.

Ideally I would want 80-90 teeth. Searched for hours :-(
Without ordering custom sprockets, you'd have to switch to #25 chain and sprockets. They have the 3-hole bolt pattern too. ScooterParts4Less website has 78t sprockets for $12. Davesmotors.com has 98t sprockets for $24. For strength and simplicity, a custom T8F might be the right choice. I like the fact that they are smaller in diameter than regular bicycle chainrings. They also allow for awesome gearing. My first gear is 46.36:1, which is great for very steep hills. Good luck.

What final drive are you shooting for? What size is your engine sprocket?

Last edited: