I need help, first motor bike.

GoldenMotor.com

packman

Sep 6, 2012
san diego
I have a 26" schwinn, and I am having problem after problem with my rear hub, after less than a week my bearings went out and the bar from the coaster break broke off. So I bought a new wheel and now it doesn't spin as free as I think it should, also now the chain (from the engine) keeps popping off. Any advice would be very appreciated. Thank you.

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
check the alignment of the sprockets with a straight edge.
like this alighn gears.jpeg
also make sure you sprocket doesnt woble side to side or up and down. if it does loosen the bolts and retighten them evenly til the sprocket is straight.
make sure your engine isnt twisting from torque. i know i have to tighten the engine mount bolts every once in a while. hope this helps. good luck

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
Does the wheel not spin freely without the chains on as well? You might have the nuts for the coaster brake hub on too tight, not the outer nuts that hold the wheel on to frame, but the inner ones.

Just like the hub on the front wheel, if you tighten the cones too much it does not spin well...

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
He might actually have a CB-110 hub in his new wheel. When I ordered my new wheels, I specifically asked my LBS for a black wheel with 12 gauge spokes and a Shimano CB-110 hub. I should have also specified a dual wall rim, but you live and learn. They have been holding up nicely so far.

And I agree that the Shimano coaster brake is nice, much better than the stock Falcon coaster that was on my bike. But it still takes longer than I would like to come down from 35 MPH... Front brakes work better anyway, so good to have both.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Does the wheel not spin freely without the chains on as well? You might have the nuts for the coaster brake hub on too tight, not the outer nuts that hold the wheel on to frame, but the inner ones.

Just like the hub on the front wheel, if you tighten the cones too much it does not spin well...
Good advice.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
There are a lot of hubs out there including older ones that are just fine to use and don't say Shimano on them.