Planning my first build, could use some info.

GoldenMotor.com

MaxSpeed

Jun 20, 2012
Michigan
Well I was looking for a decent 4 stroke engine kit at a fair price but haven't had much luck. So I decided just to look for an engine but I'm kind of clueless.
I've been looking into predators and think the 99cc hz one would be pretty good for this but I have absolutely no idea what other things I need to get for it(besides obvious stuff like a throttle.) If anyone has used this engine in a build, would you mind telling me what you had to do in terms of setting up clutch, gearing ect.. or if this engines any good at all?

Also kind of need a new bike too(mine has an odd frame) any suggestions with a decent price-line?

Thanks in advance :)

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas
In my opinion, you should:

a.) Get the strongest bike you can afford. This is no place to skimp, your life may depend on it.

b.) Do lots of research. There are quite a few 99 and 212 Predator builds on here, with lots of advice.

c. ) Plan to spend money. These are not a kit build. You will need to know how to fabricate.

d. ) Plan to spend more money, because things always cost more than you originally planned. Have at least $600 to $1000 on hand for the complete build.

e. ) Ask lots of questions, and have fun.

cvlt1