highest hour predator?

GoldenMotor.com

beltbuckle

Aug 22, 2011
Meridian, ID
Curious how long these little predators will go. After putting a few hours on mine it, I am very pleased with it and don't see why it won't surpass 1000 or 2000 hours with good maintenance. What's the highest time predator out there?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
On my race engine (212cc Predator) I've racked up a whopping 27.7 hours so far. It's had 3 oil changes an is now running 100% synthetic racing oil and the engine is running stronger than ever. It's almost broken in and has been pushed pretty hard so far. We shall see how long it lasts.......so far, so good!

dnut

beltbuckle

Aug 22, 2011
Meridian, ID
i'll be switching to full synthetic as well after the break-in period. only have about 5 hours on it so far. changed the oil and was surprised to see not many visible metal particles or anything and the oil was not black. will probably wait until i've got about 20 hours on the clock to move to synthetic.

i've been commuting on the bike since it is so much fun and actually faster than driving, so racking up about .7 hours per day.

motor_bike_fanatic

Jul 26, 2011
Pennsylvania
If you rode your bike for 5 hours every day, you would accumulate 2000 hours in one year. I know most people dont ride 4 hours at a time or even ride their bikes every day. But considering the fact that a predator build is going to cost me between 4-500 bucks, 2000 hours doesnt seem that long for the money. Then again, replacing a 99cc predator costs about the same as replacing an ht, maybe its not so bad.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
If you rode your bike for 5 hours every day, you would accumulate 2000 hours in one year. I know most people dont ride 4 hours at a time or even ride their bikes every day. But considering the fact that a predator build is going to cost me between 4-500 bucks, 2000 hours doesnt seem that long for the money. Then again, replacing a 99cc predator costs about the same as replacing an ht, maybe its not so bad.
heh yeah the build is the expensive part. once that's finished a bad engine is cheap to replace.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I think the predator will get you more than 5 years at that rate; 1 hour a day every day. You'ld be lucky to get 2 years out of the average HT.

I only put 200 hours on my 49cc HS a year and I ride every day. They will last for years to come.

dnut

beltbuckle

Aug 22, 2011
Meridian, ID
When I did some calculations I figured commuting on my MB saves me $17 per week over driving my truck, probably total savings of $25-$30 per week including errands, etc. Build cost was probably $400, so it should pay for itself in the first year of operation. That's not really why I built it or ride it, but makes it easy to justify :)

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I only have about 50 miles on my 99cc Predator & it runs great. I run it mostly wide open. Around 6000 rpm's & no problems except an oil leak on top coming out of the governor shaft. I put an o-ring under the snap ring & no leak.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
only had three tanks of gas through mine so far i think it definatly has broken in feels like thier is alot more power in the old beast . just switched to full synthetic i fell like these engines will definatly last awhile they seem a little stronger than the HS

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I have almost 1000 miles on my first Preddy build, about a year ago, the in-frame FD that I morphed into a 2 speed. Still runs like new. The original tire lasted almoat that long, until I tried the grinding wheel roller and wore it out in about 60 miles.

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
I officially got my Predator built 2 weeks ago and ride everyday. Ive got a little over 14 hours on mine and every time I run it, it gets stronger and better reving. I havent changed out the oil yet, Im running standard 30w oil for the "operational" break in. After I hit the 20 hour mark in a few days I will be switching to fully synthetic 5w-30. The engine is a beast as far as Im concerned, Doubt I will ever return to a 2 smoke.

Edit: BTW in the 2 weeks and 14 hours and 14 min Ive ridden, Im ball parking that I have traveled 275 miles. Usually about 20 miles every day I ride

Last edited: