49cc vs 99cc side by side pics

GoldenMotor.com

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
Could I beg of thee a side by side view of the sides of these fine power plants as well?
unfortunately it may be a week sorry bike and engines are in my friends garage while we wait on shipping and until Saturday we work opposite schedules he works while i sleep vise versa but on Saturday i defiantly can if no other user beats me to it .

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I personally have an HS49 and a HF79, and can tell you the 79 is quite a bit larger. It's got an extra 2" in width, but it's about that less in height.

My HF79 with AGK tranny and cover measures about 12" on the nose. A 99 with Q-matic would be perhaps a half inch less, CVT more.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
After looking at all the clearance I have between the HS/ Q-matic and the wide pedal setup I mentioned earlier There should be plenty of room for a 99/ Q-matic.
Who knows, I just may end up building another MB outta my Trek 7000 with a 99 and an AGK CVT...

Edit: If I do that, I will be out of pedal power only bikes! Hmmmm.....

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
Neat thing about the 79/99 is that it can be mounted up rather high, above the crank circle. Maybe all that's needed is some pedal extensions.

I was putting my 79 in a GreenLine semi-stretch, the stock cranks cleared under the engine.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Thank you very much for your efforts! In the top photo the 99cc seems to look smaller than the 49cc.
In the bottom photo the air cleaner alone for the 99cc looks nearly the same size as the whole 49cc. Those 99cc engines really are alot smaller than I had imagined they would be.

Oh my bad, I see the sticker now. They are both 49cc.... ;)

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
Thank you very much for your efforts! In the top photo the 99cc seems to look smaller than the 49cc.
In the bottom photo the air cleaner alone for the 99cc looks nearly the same size as the whole 49cc. Those 99cc engines really are alot smaller than I had imagined they would be.

Oh my bad, I see the sticker now. They are both 49cc.... ;)

heres the air filter on my ummmmm larger 49cc bike up against my smaller 49cc

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
if you have any pics that d be greatly appreciated

i was just trying some pics out to make it so everyone can see the difference in size i know i was rather shocked when i put them up against each other .

i will ultimately have to with some pedal extenders my feet can hit the pedals and turn them over but at a very awkward angle .

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
OK, AF...

I can do that.

IMO... :)

the prob with widened pedal cranks is that u end up paddling like a duck!

Not really so bad if all you are doing is getting momentum to start a motor, but really stoopid if you are actually trying to pedal somewhere when it breaks, runs out of gas, or the tax collector is there.

For my cruiser bike/comfort bike style, I'm hoping to re-fab a frame more or less in a 'townie' style, to get any wide motor back towards the drive tire (and a short power chain run), and standard pedal width forward of the motor, where they would most likely function as forward mounted pegs...

Best
rc

Last edited:

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
What angles would you like to see? I have both motors the 49 and the 99 even a 31cc HS 4 stroke

if you can some nice side by sides mine are not the best as i ended up putting mine on the bike before i could get pics .

as for pedals more of a backup source of power and for the all important ghost pedaling when needed . with it right know i canot turn my pedals in a full revolution .