Another bike junkie

GoldenMotor.com

b-rad

Mar 2, 2012
TOLEDO,OHIO
here in the flats of Ohio we are super lucky and have a place called memory lane classics...all old and very old bicycles and parts .They even have vintage whizzers and parts with a craftsman that knows them inside and out. The place is like a huge whse filled with things I never knew existed.. Last time I was in there I noticed their wooden rim section made locally in a garage by a fella thats been doing them since ...well I don't know but longer than I've been alive.. I do beleive they have a website.. Im thinking of changing out the forks on this build because I don't like the back and forth motion these forks provide.. I called him to see if they had any beehive style in stock and he told me they have 8 sets in various stages of repairability. This guy is like Willy Wonka..their swap meets are unbeleivable. last one I was at I turned down a rideable old schwinn panther for 60 bucks because I had already spent my limit.
oh , it's in Grand Rapids Ohio

b-rad

Mar 2, 2012
TOLEDO,OHIO
Thanks guys.. too windy and snowy for the speedway test ride but blasted around the neighborhood a bit yesterday and about 10 miles riding today..runs good except a little 4 stroking on top end..we"ll figure that out.. my biggest worry was the gas tank leaking since it was my 1st time welding and with a 110 wire welder from sears...I have no buisness with a welder but I am a good grinder so with persistence and a little under my breath cursing it worked out ok..old Tom Edison got it wrong a few times too I hear..by the way I had a buddy tig up all of my frame tack welds for safety.. I appreciate your comments and I look to you all as my mentors. You have my respect for your knowledge.. This old girl isn"t in the league as many of the rides I see on here but its a blast learning all of these new things I"ve never done before. I beleive I might have the same love of metals as SB and the Tinsmith because I feel a little (drooly?) seeing their works.. well lunch is over and back to street to wake up the rest of the neighborhood..