Replacing oil slinger on a 49cc Huasheng...

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Scotto,,,
this may be a stupid question, but,,,
isn't the stock air filter gonna negate some of the upgrades ?
won't she want to breathe better ?

I know on my HS,,,when I did the exhaust alone, not bad, but she perked right up after I did the better air filter too ;)
Not a stupid question at all Bill.....I only used the stock airfilter base to hold the carb on for initial start up. I slipped the stock foam filter and the back cover on while it was running and it did not like it, like turning the choke on.

I'm cleaning up and modifying the velocity stack that was on there before.....it will run perfect with the jetting of this bored-out carb. Will follow-up with some more pics and some video as well.

dnut

Mr. Minecraft

Visionary
Jan 13, 2012
San Diego
I know this is an older thread, but what did you make the slinger out of and how has it held up? It seemed to me that it was made of sheet metal...

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I know this is an older thread, but what did you make the slinger out of and how has it held up? It seemed to me that it was made of sheet metal...
It is made out of very thin sheet metal and is fastened by the two connecting rod cap bolts. I left little tabs that act as keepers for the bolts once they are torqued down.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Correct, Mac.
Instead of an oil pump the gear picks up oil and slings it upward to a passage cast into the case that leads up to the push rods and rocker arms. It moves a surprising amount of oil as anyone who has ever run one of these engine without the valve cover will tell you.
Tom
Hey 2door,
Putting a Hua sheng on a customer build. Problem is, It's NOT getting oil to the rocker arms. Nada, none, Zip. It looks like theres a place for the oil pump gear right below the timing gear, but nothing there.
Before ya ask, (not you 2door, everyone else,) YES, There is plenty of oil in it.
The only reason I even noticed is because I'm putting a pulse pump on it, and took off the rocker cover to mount the fitting. The rockers only had a very little assembly grease on them and NOTHING else. I even left the rocker cover off and started it. Still nothing. Any idea's?
Thanks,
fatdaddy.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Just curious, have you pulled the side cover off to see if the oil slinger (on the connecting rod cap) and the plastic gear that runs off the crank are in place?

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Yeah I did Scotto. It all looks good. I THINK I may know whats wrong, only I'm too embarrassed to say right now. I'm gonna put it back together and check my theory. I'll let ya know what happens.
fatdaddy.

Fugi93

Dec 30, 2011
illinois
Just curious, have you pulled the side cover off to see if the oil slinger (on the connecting rod cap) and the plastic gear that runs off the crank are in place?
Interesting. I am glad I found this thread. I had one freeze up on me a couple of weeks ago. I blamed the slinger, but it could be something else?

It had 6 k on it and it suddenly lost power and wouldn't stay running. I could get it restarted but couldn't get anywhere with it. Then, finally, it got hard to pull and made a squeaky sound and then really froze up. I used Shell Rotela 5-40 synthetic and changed it every 500 miles and she was still full of oil to the bitter end.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Yeah I did Scotto. It all looks good. I THINK I may know whats wrong, only I'm too embarrassed to say right now. I'm gonna put it back together and check my theory. I'll let ya know what happens.
fatdaddy.
Inquiring minds want to know!