My Board tracker from North-Germany

GoldenMotor.com

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
My first project, 49cc China-Engine, built from a beachcruiser bike (see introduce yourself section)

I am planning to built a second bike, bigger- with 28" wheels and different engine (still looking for the right one), much closer to the original size of the board trackers, mine with the 26" wheels is much too small for an adult in my size

Attachments

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Wow, great build! The paint really finishes it off, and the custom front forks rock! A custom manic rear hub adapter would finish out the build.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Noticed it right away. You did a good job. Horse of a different color LOVE IT

You might want to think about different tire smother tread less drag. Kavelar make some that are smoth in the center and knobs on the side not to pricey.

Love the tank................Curt

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
I like your work very much Axel.
Very good job.
...why not stay with the china girl engine and allow yourself to focus on the other aspects of design and build ?
Very nice
rc

tnx for posting the great pics!

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Achtung! You did a great job on the faux engine case and valve stuff on the side of the cylinder. The little details you added make it a great build.

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
I like how you used two springs as a "cable holder" that appear at a distance as push rod tubes. A good idea, I may steal it :) . It's amazing how Board Track bikes are loved and appreciated the World over. And an American bike to boot in as far as Germany! Very nice! I love the color. I have a question. When I ride my 1911 Indian build in America I get lots of people taking pictures of it and asking about it and talking about how their Father or Grandfather had one. What happens in Germany when you ride your bike? Do people recognize "Indian" or do they need to be told about it? Thanks.

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Is the bellmouth on the rear of the carb real, that is, it the air intake? looks cool either way. how is it attached? that's an idea I might steal, that's just too cool; so obvious but not something I wouldve thought of

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
I like how you used two springs as a "cable holder" that appear at a distance as push rod tubes. A good idea, I may steal it :) . It's amazing how Board Track bikes are loved and appreciated the World over. And an American bike to boot in as far as Germany! Very nice! I love the color. I have a question. When I ride my 1911 Indian build in America I get lots of people taking pictures of it and asking about it and talking about how their Father or Grandfather had one. What happens in Germany when you ride your bike? Do people recognize "Indian" or do they need to be told about it? Thanks.

They know about Indians, but more about the classic german bikes like Wanderer, DKW, NSU and others. I just missed an Indian Prince engine at german ebay, it went for 400$ which I think was quite cheap. Most people think my bike is about 100 years old, makes me proud of my built :)

Last edited:

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
Is the bellmouth on the rear of the carb real, that is, it the air intake? looks cool either way. how is it attached? that's an idea I might steal, that's just too cool; so obvious but not something I wouldve thought of

fake, I kept the original plastic aircleaner and attached the golden cone thing, which I snapped from a double Weber-carb, and screwed it behind the plastic filter (look close at pic 4, you might see how it is attached)

Last edited:

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
It really IS a very nice job you have done, Axel !

...Next, you should build a rocker for the axle and make that front suspension real... even a little suspension is a great benefit.

Best
rc

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
2 questions: Is that a tach or spedo I see buried behind the motor??? Is that a Brooks saddle? AND What did you use to make tha cool velocity stack? OK.... So its 3 questions :p

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
2 questions: Is that a tach or spedo I see buried behind the motor??? Is that a Brooks saddle? AND What did you use to make tha cool velocity stack? OK.... So its 3 questions :p
- oil pressure (fake, cause this engine has no oil pressure ;-))

- Primus Lemper saddle, dutch manufacturer

- weber carb cone intake

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
absolutely awsome . I love the ( not so common ) colour that you used .
you made that little china motor look real good . the pushrod tubes look excellent .

I keep thinking that those little china motors would look so much better strait up and down ( a strait intake manifold would need to be made for it ) possible also the chain cover might have some interfereance to deal with .... but i think it would look way better .

I see a few comments on your intake ( very nice by the way ) .
For those looking for something cool ... just go to the local thrift shop .. there are always cool looking brass and copper items .. little urns and vases ( that you can make a very cool velosity stack out of )

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Awesome idea, Been there and never thought of velosity stacks. You bet I will be a lookin. And maybe even a exaust tip?..........Curt

AWESOME BIKE!