hybred wasp on steroids

GoldenMotor.com

daRog

Apr 15, 2011
California
For the record I'd like to say I agree with rustycase on the subject of stickers and that my previous post was for entertainment purposes only.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Now that is a cool cool sticker.

Cannonball mine almost threw me off I had so much tension. I let some off and it started right up. I run it now with about the same tension I have on the Wasp lol.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
trip is off... Wednesday afternoon I was taking the first out of the neighborhood test when something happened. I'm not sure just what because one minute i'm thinking. I need to drop the engine the next minute i'm in the ER. 6 broken ribs and a broken collar bone later my wife, daughter and son in law all all upset about the bike. See tavern for pic of me in the hospital.

There are a lot unanswered questions. Did I pass out and fall off the bike. Did i drop the engine and that caused the bike to get wonkie and throw me. Someone said that a witness said i started to wobble then just fell over. Im going with time warp and alien abduction. If I ever want any piece this bike has to go. The compromise was no more screaming about me riding if stayed with the 31cc type.. IT seems that i was doing just under thirty when the bike went sideways.

another strange thing is my wife found the bike parked in the drive when she got home from the hospital. I'm expecting a tow truck bill any time.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
WOW deacon thats terrible!! I thought maybe something happend when you were off the forum a few days. Im guessing some kind soul dropped the bike off for you. Im thinking you didnt drop the engine @ nearly 30. Maybe when you get back on your feet you can look it over for a clue as to what happened, may never know. Hope it wasnt a momentary fade out. Take it easy, hope you get over this fast and easy(know it wont be cheap and easy!).

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I'm prepared for the worst money wise. I looked at the bike and there is hardly a scratch on it. My helmet had some serious scrape issues an both sides and the front. My neck is pretty sore so I think it snapped my head around. I was running the bike with very little tension on the motor. I think it would have been a nice easy transition. The ones that at butt kickers are low speed drips on a not running engine. Those are pretty shaky.. I'm gonna have to just wait and see if I get a bill for the bike delivery. Come to think of it a wrecker probably would have carried it to impound.

yesterday it was the ribs that gave me a fit but the collar bone was also sore. Today I think the Collar bone is worse,

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
As I'm sure you all know by now this bike threw me off somehow I don't have any memory of it. So someone brought it home and left it in my driveway. My wife rolled it into the house for me and I have been either in the hospital or in great pain ever since.

I went out to pull the starter to see if it would start and it hurt way too much to pull the recoil starter. I guess it will be a while before I know if it will start. It does have compression and it isn't locked up so those are good signs.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
probably a good time to focus on engineering, Deacon... let that infernal machine set for a while...
More important to heal up!
rc

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Yeah, I kinda promised I would sell the motor and go back to wasp type bikes anyway. Although speed had nothing to do with it. Maybe the compression of the engine when I dropped the motor caused it. One day I really hope I find out what did happen.