2010 GT5 (NEW) Flooding Badly

GoldenMotor.com

PremierPartsUSA

Jul 6, 2011
Western New York
Hello,

I am a newcomer, and I'm excited to be a part of the motorized bicycle world. I plan on converting as many soldiers as I can.

Problem: We received this kit in a week ago and have assembled everything based on all the instructions. Everything seems to be working correctly except we have not been able to start it. The engine floods everytime we try. We have checked over everything and can not come up with the solution. We feel it has to be the DNS carb, but even that seems to be functioning correctly. We have left a message for the technical support of the dealer but have yet to hear anything from them. If we could get some help it would be much appreciated.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I suggest getting a nice, simple no-frills NT (Never Trouble) carburetor to use on your bicycle.
That way, you can get to riding and enjoying your MB while figuring out the CNS (Constantly Needs Service) carburetor at your leisure.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
I found my major problem with the CNS carb to be the short intake - that made a big difference using one that was an inch or so longer. As well, I tightened the air inlet and the jet which both needed it. After playing with the needle settings and dialing it in it's running well. As well, I trimmed the choke cable and removed it's spring so it's always off, but I can pull it if I need to, just not on that shifter lever.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
As far as starting goes, the CNS is probably not the problem. They start and idle just fine.

Have you checked to see if the plug is firing? If not check you wiring.

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California
As far as starting goes, the CNS is probably not the problem. They start and idle just fine.

Have you checked to see if the plug is firing? If not check you wiring.
The CNS I had today would not idle or start with any kind of predictability....nt went on and we were smilin' in moments....

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The CNS I had today would not idle or start with any kind of predictability....nt went on and we were smilin' in moments....
That would be an uncommon complaint about the CNS carbs. Usually bikes that have them start, and idle just fine. The problem is that's all they'll do. When you give them throttle they just bog.

MarkSumpter

Nov 27, 2010
Ohio
Hey I really dont have that many problems with the CNSv1 but the CNSv2 is another kettle of fish entirely. However I much prefer the Delardo knock off carbs over the NT or either of the CNSs...Be that as it may I think the OP asked for solutions and not opinions.

First off depending on the supplier good luck on getting any useful information let alone a response at all. I know it wasn't Piston Bikes because you could have called them or would have already heard back and all they are selling are 2011 kits.

Anyway here is my cents worth:

To the OP if you have fire to the plug and are reasonably sure that you have a flooding issue first make sure that your plug is dry before trying to start the engine and that you have the engine mounted to where the carb is as close to level as possible. If it is at too drastic of an angle the float in the bowl of the carb will not properly close and cause flooding . If it still fails to fire and the plug is saturated after trying to start it first check your choke and cable to ascertain it is fully open then remove the carb and take off the bowl and check the float to see if it has a hole in it and full fuel not allowing it to rise with the level of gas in the bowl. Also make sure that the float travels freely and is not stuck open (down position) and that the tip of the needle valve is clean and seating properly. When the carb is inverted (upside down) the the float level should be almost horizontal. If not then adjust this by bending the tang on the float.

As I said check your choke cable first it happened to me:

Good Luck
Mark

Last edited: