Lifan/Genesis MTB, Its All Lowracers Fault!

GoldenMotor.com

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
Cannonball2,
That looks awesome!
I would love to see some close-ups of how you designed the rack.
50 mph on 'The Beast' is very controlled. I used to ride it un-motored down some crazy steep mountains & speed has always been easy to control on this Rocky Mountain bike. Not sure if the triple crown fork aids that high speed stability?
It very well could be the secret ingredient since just about all motocross dirtbikes & motorcycles use that design.
Pics of the max-torque clutch retrofit located in this link
http://motorbicycling.com/f3/max-torque-clutch-revamp-27841.html
-Lowracer-

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Thanks for the link. Yeah, Id say the forks have a bunch to do with it. The low end spring forks like on my bike have a degree of play, which is not exactly helpful, Still it gets down the road well. I have been riding BJR and liking it real well. Am waiting on a 3.5" pulley which will better suit my riding conditions. Passed a group of road bikers, raised an eyebrow or two as they tried to figure it out. Guess I will jut wear out the MTB tires(they are hangin in there pretty well) then mount the slicks. Will try to get some better stand pics up for ya. It is stable enough to do serious work on the bike.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Heres some stand pics, due to the design of the engine mount I had to use the axle as the stop. In order to remove the wheel, I just push the stand foward a bit and insert a pin in the second hole for a stop, then I can remove the wheel. I believe you have structure ahead of the fork, which would be a perfect place to mount the stand and use a bolt for the stop. It is easy to put on the stand, just drop it to the ground and pull the bike foward. I have a ball lock pin that retains it when up, the bolt was handy for the pic. You need a positive lock method since the stand is in front, I also use a velcro strap as a safety. I put a 3M anti skid strip on the bottom of the stand.

Attachments

bishop letov

Jul 3, 2011
Bucks County , Pennsylvania
Cannonball2,

I have followed alot of your builds that you have posted here and I have to say that that lifan motor seems to be a winner. hopefully the budget will allow me to purchase one soon and I would like to do the front mount as you have done here and Lowracers design.

Top Notch guys, keep up the awsome work.. Give a poor chap like me some hope... laughs.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
Bishop letov,
Do it... :)
Cannonball2, I am beginning construction on a new build called 'Pocket Bike Engine Project'.
I'll post what I have so far in the 2 stroke section shortly...
Once I receive the engine (bought on eBay a few days ago) & test it out, I may change engines & put the Lifan back onto the back of the hardtail???
-Lowracer-

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Thanks guys, the Beast Jr. has a new home. It was love at first sight for a friend down the road. He finally talked me into selling it to him to use as a pit bike at the hot rod shows he attends. He said this bike has the Holy S**T factor he was looking for. He has added a few touches, one of which is a LOUD straight pipe. Says its a scene stealer in the pits. He says the most common response to its arrival the first time is the above phrase. Way to go Lowracer!!