welcome to the acme cafe

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Awesome Cam can't wait to see how this build turns out, have you ride tested those new suzuki forks yet?

C.H.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'll be following this one for sure. Cam, where do you buy your spokes? I'm looking for 12 gauge in 10 5/8 and one set of 36 in 11 gauge of the same length. Thanks,
SB

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
i got my spokes from danscomp.com had to go with 14g as 12g in the size i needed are not made. heavy gage spokes are hard to find in any odd size.

fischart has a photo chop of a killer cafe, i'll see if he will post it here.

Last edited:

Fischart

Mar 20, 2011
Western MA
No problem Cam! You know I am excited about this build as I hope to learn a lot from you when I get to mine!

This photochop is based on the Honda Dream 50 cafe racer. But there was an era of 50cc racers that were all cool!

This chop is done with a worksman newsboy frame. The lower portion of the swingarm from a Mongoose Electric BMX swingarm. And this has the Suzuki K10 forks on it and they are to scale (as are the 24X3 meats.)

Can't wait to see more from yours!

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
thanks fischart. man i'm just blown away at how real that looks. i'm going to call that digital mechanics.

i'm going to try and stay close to that rendering with the exception of putting in knee indents and rubber pads to the tank.

Fischart

Mar 20, 2011
Western MA
i'm going to try and stay close to that rendering with the exception of putting in knee indents and rubber pads to the tank.

Thanks! I appreciate it. As I mentioned earlier I am a professional illustrator, so I can make things look cool in pixels and on paper, but the reality of garage time and welding is territory I have little experience with! So I will enjoy watching your progress.

You are reading my mind with the knee indents and padding. I would have done the same.

I did a lot of digging for gastanks that would be bolt and go, but found nothing long enough and skinny enough for this style. They must be out there, but I don't know if there was anything mass produced. (This one pictured is from the Honda Dream 50 as is the seat. But it would be almost impossible to actually find one.) So it looks like custom made is the way to go!

I hung the swingarm out a bit to lengthen the overall look of the bike. I basically wanted the rear arc of the tire to almost run up the seat fairing curve in a smooth way.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Thanks! I appreciate it. As I mentioned earlier I am a professional illustrator, so I can make things look cool in pixels and on paper, but the reality of garage time and welding is territory I have little experience with! So I will enjoy watching your progress.

You are reading my mind with the knee indents and padding. I would have done the same.

I did a lot of digging for gastanks that would be bolt and go, but found nothing long enough and skinny enough for this style. They must be out there, but I don't know if there was anything mass produced. (This one pictured is from the Honda Dream 50 as is the seat. But it would be almost impossible to actually find one.) So it looks like custom made is the way to go!

I hung the swingarm out a bit to lengthen the overall look of the bike. I basically wanted the rear arc of the tire to almost run up the seat fairing curve in a smooth way.
Oh no you didn't ( Fischart ) say the Honda Dream 50 gas tank would be almost impossible to find!!! Joking / teasing you Fischart! bout gas tanks.

Cam, Here's the Link I think you already know about this company see Link Below.

Honda Dream 50 Parts Micro Fiche.
honda partsmanual fiche cb50r dream 50 racing cb50

Honda CB50w Dream 50 Street Version.
honda partsmanual fiche cb50w dream 50 cb50 partslist

Here's the complete List for the Honda CB50w below, I'm sure there are other suppliers for the Honda Dream 50 parts but this one seems to have almost everything.

CB50W DREAM 50 partslists / parts fiche

Welcome to partslists of the CB50W DREAM 50.
AC15-110~
This page is also referred to as partsfiche, exploded views, EPC, fiche, schematic, diagram, technical drawing or CB50W DREAM 50 spare parts list. Here you find all available CB50W DREAM 50 parts manuals.

With the CB50W DREAM 50 spare parts lists you can exactly determine which parts to order. Just click one of the parts manuals below, to see the details.

Choose a CB50W DREAM 50 partslist :
Description Category
Engine
Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 CAM CHAIN TENSIONER CAM CHAIN TENSIONER Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 CAMSHAFT-VALVE CAMSHAFT-VALVE Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 CARBURETOR CARBURETOR Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 CLUTCH CLUTCH Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 CRANKCASE CRANKCASE Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 CRANKSHAFT-PISTON CRANKSHAFT-PISTON Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 CYLINDER CYLINDER Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 CYLINDERHEAD CYLINDERHEAD Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 CYLINDERHEAD COVER CYLINDERHEAD COVER Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 GEAR SHIFT GEAR SHIFT Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 KICK STARTER KICK STARTER Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 LEFT CRANKCASE COVER LEFT CRANKCASE COVER Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 OIL PUMP OIL PUMP Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 RIGHT CRANKCASE COVER RIGHT CRANKCASE COVER Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 STATOR STATOR Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 TRANSMISSION TRANSMISSION Engine
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 AIR CLEANER AIR CLEANER Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 BATTERY BATTERY Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 BRAKE KICK PEDAL BRAKE & KICK PEDAL Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 CALIPER CALIPER Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 CALIPER REAR CALIPER REAR Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 FRAME BODY FRAME BODY Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 FRONT CUSHION FRONT CUSHION Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 FRONT FENDER FRONT FENDER Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 FRONT WHEEL FRONT WHEEL Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 FUEL TANK FUEL TANK Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 HEAD LIGHT HEAD LIGHT Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 MARK MARK Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 MASTER CYLINDER MASTER CYLINDER Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 MUFFLER MUFFLER Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 PLATE-LABEL PLATE-LABEL Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 REAR CUSHION REAR CUSHION Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 REAR FENDER REAR FENDER Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 REAR WHEEL REAR WHEEL Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 RESERVOIR RESERVOIR Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 SEAT SEAT Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 SIDE PANEL SIDE PANEL Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 SIDE STAND SIDE STAND Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 SPEEDOMETER SPEEDOMETER Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 STEERING HANDLE STEERING HANDLE Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 STEERING STEM STEERING STEM Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 STEP STEP Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 SWINGARM - CHAINCASE SWINGARM - CHAINCASE Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 SWITCH SWITCH Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 TAIL LIGHT TAIL LIGHT Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 TOOL SET TOOL SET Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 WINKER WINKER Frame
Honda CB50W DREAM 50 WIRE HARNESS WIRE HARNESS Frame

Fischart

Mar 20, 2011
Western MA
Oh no you didn't ( Fischart ) say the Honda Dream 50 gas tank would be almost impossible to find!!! Joking / teasing you Fischart! bout gas tanks.
Wow Crazyhorse! I guess I should have expanded my search beyond ebay and CL!!!

Now you make me want to buy a whole 50cc DOHC Honda dream engine!! Can you imagine! It'd be so cool in your build Cam!

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
if you want info on old hondas just ask crazy, he's got it. i'm going to stick with the china girl on this build. for the tank i'll be making the tank and seat as a one peice body out of fiberglass so i can get the shape i want. get started on that as soon as i get it into a roller as the handle bar hight will determine how tall the tank will be.
already have a bunch of styrofoam ready to start shaping.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I cant quite tell by the photos if it has rear suspensuion or is it just a spring over pipe? If it is a faux rear suspension do you think it would look better if it went further back to the axle like in the photoshop pic? Just a thought

Fischart

Mar 20, 2011
Western MA
What are you thinking about for bars? My thought was to use clubman bars from a moped. Like these, but the issue comes up up w/ the 7/8 diameter being a bit thick for the 3/4 Suzuki bar mount. But I see you guys are already working that one out in the K10 fork thread. These are scaled for a moped which might be good!

Clip-on bars would be great for the look, but not so much with these K10 forks, unless you remove the headlight sleeves over the tubes.

MOPED CLUBMAN HANDLEBARS cafe puch mbk honda tomos | eBay

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
the rear suspenson is real, the bottom bracket is from a MB and has a pivot. for the bars i have a set of drag bars with a slight downward curve, i'm going to try them and see how they look but that could change if needed. the top tree i already reamed out to fit 7'8 bars.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Cam, In my minds eye I see your build like this below with the pedals for human power to keep it a motor assisted bicycle!!

Again can't wait to see your build completed, it'll be awesome as a 2 or 4 stroke!!

Peace C.H.