Broken engine mount bolt need help asap

GoldenMotor.com

Fishoutofwater88

Apr 2, 2011
Santa ana
One of my front engine mount bolts broke about an eighth of an inch inside the engine mount. I tried using a grabit to get it out but that didn't work and it smoothed out the beginning of the threads on the engine. Can some one please help! Thank you. :-||

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
The other method is to use a Dremel with a cutting wheel to slot the top of the broken stud and use a screw driver to back it out. With the end of the stud broken off in the hole complicate things a bit but it can still be done. It will leave a slot in the case but there's almost no other way. Many will say to get left-hand drills that when you drill the hole in the stud for an easy-out the drills will sometimes grab the stud and back it out. That's never worked for me but YMMV.

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
I had that same problem but mine was on the back mount and I wen to the home deot and got a m6-1.oo x 50 hex cap screw it worked . send me a message let me know how it worked for you

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
wut was it the wires? I glad you got it runnin I was happy wen i got mine runin agian after a month of not rididng good job baadboy

baadboy

Jul 28, 2010
tulare cal
no was talkin about when i broke my mount stud is what i was refering to the tread on that

on my speedo prob i didnt have motor grounded