1970 Schwinn Heavy Duty

GoldenMotor.com

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Lenny, Sometimes It Seems Like Its Some Kind Of A Test. :rolleyes:To Test Our Mental Fortitude!!! Apparently You Passed That One !! (^) Now Prepare For The Next One. rotfl And Glad You Got It Rite. Thanks For Sharing And All The Members Helping. Later Ron :ride2:

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
OK the last week I have struggled to get reliable power out of this beast. I finally found that I needed new gaskets on muffler and intake. I still had a leak in the muffler and in the carburetor. I fixed all that and now will see if I can go over 22 mph on the way to work tomorrow afternoon. It appeared to be moving faster than ever so I think datz and I have fixed it good.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Daskapitan, Good Morning . About 1899 Tr Also Said; What This Country Needs Is A Good Nickel Cigar ! We Have Them, But They Cost A Dime !! My Folks Said The Leaves Are Starting To Turn In Ladysmith, Wi.. I Talked To An Old Indian CHIEF The Other Day. He Said It Would Be A Cold Winter ! I Asked Him How He Could Forecast That, Was He Seeing A Sign ? He Said White Man Cutting A Lot Of Firewood !!:rolleyes:

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Well all is not good with my cruiser as of Friday when I went to adjust things for my commute. I found a motor mount bolt snapped off and I took the motor off and found a bolt in the block stripped too. I won't be roding this for a week or two as I need another motor and will move to another ride. I am almost finished putting a Sick Bike Parts shift kit on a mountain bike with a HT 80. I bet you guys helped me enough to finish that project even if the cruiser is down for a little bit. I rode datz's shift kit bike and am impressed with the possibilities for a better commuter out of this new bike.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
There's also another Copper State Nut by the I-17 and I think bell or Greenway..been a while... just incase you're out that way.

Bombardier

Feb 3, 2010
australia
to cure a GRINDING sound when you pull the clutch lever in fit 2 side cover gaskets to move the side cover out a little. our generic 50 cc looks to be made from reject parts by the look of it , the flower nut and lock screw were wearing a big groove / hole in the side cover when the clutch was pulled in. the extra gasket was a easy fix .